Lords of Xulima - Update #3, Main Theme

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Numantian Games has posted the third update for Lords of Xulima allowing us to listen to the games main theme song composed by Nicolas de Ferran.

The melodic fantasy sounds bring you that nostalgic feel of old-school RPG gaming, yet blends in modern touches.

You can listen to more songs by Nicolas de Ferran by visiting his SoundCloud page. There you will see the extent of his talent. We couldn't be happier to be able to have him on the team for Lords of Xulima.

What do you think?

As a backer, we encourage you to give us feedback. We would love to get the full 18 score soundtrack composed by Nicolas de Ferran, but this can only be possible if we reach our 3rd stretch goal. We would like to announce that if reach that goal, all backers above $20 will receive the high quality version soundtrack of Lords of Xulima.

If you want to help us reach this goal, you can easily up your pledges to receiving the bronze medal in the credits and all the digital rewards for $40, or even get the whole physical package deal for $95 which includes the boxed copy of the game, printed manual, printed guide, and the indispensable book: Bestiary and Mythology of Xulima. Or if you cannot increase your pledge, spread the word by Tweeting about our campaign or letting your friends know about the game.

It is through your support that together we can make Lords of Xulima the epic tale it deserves to be.

Thank very much for your support!

More information.

Sounds a bit too subdued for a main theme IMO. Or maybe I'm just an RPG zombie who has been force-fed too many EPIK SOWNTRAX.

It didn't do anything for me either, Sacred. It's better than the in-game music of Avadon 2 though ;)

The music is fine I have listened to worse so no complaints from me.;)

I agree about the Spiderweb games though. They could use a little bit of in-game music though. Just to set the mood.:)

Most of the time, I turn off music in my games. So I'm more demanding of sound effects and ambient sounds.

What is the feeling on this game? I had a look at the Kickstarter and it sounds interesting. But $10,000 doesn't seem like much for what they are planning to do - or have I missed something?
No you didn't miss anything the game was mostly finished, and they needed funding to complete it. So they started the Indiegogo campaign, and it was successful.

They originally had no plans for kickstarter because the developer is from Spain. The backers convinced them and they found a way.

So now it's on kickstarter to get more funds since they only meet the minimum goal on Indiegogo to expand the game, and it's working. It's nearing the goal already with 23 days left.

What is the feeling on this game? I had a look at the Kickstarter and it sounds interesting. But $10,000 doesn't seem like much for what they are planning to do - or have I missed something?

They were already quite far along before they turned to crowdfunding for extra cash. Afaik, their Indigogo and Kickstarter campaigns were mostly just to implement more things than they had originally planned.

My personal opinion is that it has a lot of potential, and it's probably my most anticipated indie title right now.

I think it sounds "ok", perhaps somewhat generic, but good enough for a theme for a fantasy rpg.

Back
Top Bottom