Fallout: New Vegas - Early Sales Indications

The only way to buy the game based on fellow gamer experiences is to wait a month, but that means you can't join in on the interaction and sing praises for or spit venom on the game.

I've never felt the need to start playing a game immediately just to be part of the early crowd. I couldn't care less about *when* I play a game, I would rather enjoy it more, and that often means waiting a few weeks for another patch, or certain select mods.

I've never felt the need to start playing a game immediately just to be part of the early crowd. I couldn't care less about *when* I play a game, I would rather enjoy it more, and that often means waiting a few weeks for another patch, or certain select mods.

Some games you can play at release (stuff with solid cross platform release is sort of safe...). Other games, like G3, I waited a few years.

The game plays perfectly good for me, besides CTD every 5-6 hours. Honestly, it's worth it for the fun factor. I can replay with super mods later.

I've got probably a hundred hours or more, if you count the various builds. It's pretty stable, and I'm running it with about 10 mods. Still, waiting a few months sounds very logical to me, especially for a game with a monstrous mod scene. If you didn't like Oblivion or Fallout in vanilla form, I don't think New Vegas will do it for you either. I know JDR will love the survival mode and I think he should start at a harder difficulty level and will almost positively want a realism mod. Arwen's is out, but until NVSE is released, the mod scene won't be real powerful. Because of Steam, there will be a small delay before NVSE gets approved. Steam was great about working with the script extender group last time, but there is a process.

I got the flu, for real not faking it just to play the game, and ended up playing a lot for the first week. You've got me curious as to how much I've exaggerated though. I'll see how many hours each character has, when I get home. I think the game tracks number of hours played....

Because of Steam, there will be a small delay before NVSE gets approved. Steam was great about working with the script extender group last time, but there is a process.

Nah, they've already got the support they needed. The guys themselves said that they're just waiting for Obsidian to patch the game to the point when it's reached a stable version (instead of having to update every time they patch it).

I got the flu, for real not faking it just to play the game, and ended up playing a lot for the first week. You've got me curious as to how much I've exaggerated though. I'll see how many hours each character has, when I get home. I think the game tracks number of hours played….

It does track the hours. I'm at 30 hours and as far as I know I'm nowhere near New Vegas yet. Once the savegame problem was solved and with the newest nvidia driver I've had no problems at all.

This game is much better then Fallout 3 was and I liked Fallout 3 enough to playthrough twice. Great quests, much better acting and much more challenging.

Duh, I had missed the thing in steam that tells you number of hours played. It says I've played only 70 hours, so I'm not quite the wastrel that Bill was wondering about, but close.

Duh, I had missed the thing in steam that tells you number of hours played. It says I've played only 70 hours, so I'm not quite the wastrel that Bill was wondering about, but close.

That's still impressive. I've been playing FO3 for more than 3 weeks now, and I still don't have that many hours. My gaming time has been somewhat limited lately.

I did a really cool quest about water and farming last night, started out as a simple investigation, and then I uncovered a very interesting situation that had me quite stumped about how to solve it, in the end. It really helped me appreciate the fine crafting of the world, and how it actually makes sense as a world, not a post-apocalyptic theme park set around the DC ruins.

You really see how precious water is, it's not just two guys who are really thirsty posted outside a couple of important locations. You see what people do with it, the effect that its plenty has on communities, the effect that a lack of water has, and what people are willing to do to secure a supply.

This is probably a top 5 of all time game for me, and I think it's the best 3D/full VO RPG I've played. Better RPG than Bloodlines, imagine Bloodlines if you could choose which factions to help and which to screw-over. The Gothic comparisons are also valid, only the factions are better, the writing is better, the dialogue is well written... this is the best RPG we've gotten in a long time, and for me it validates all the faith I have had in Obsidian over the years.

I did a really cool quest about water and farming last night, started out as a simple investigation, and then I uncovered a very interesting situation that had me quite stumped about how to solve it, in the end. It really helped me appreciate the fine crafting of the world, and how it actually makes sense as a world, not a post-apocalyptic theme park set around the DC ruins.

Are you talking about this one - (warning this is a great quest. If you have not received and finished a quest about water and farming close to New Vegas then don't read it. It will spoil one of the better quests for you):

The quest where you have to help the sharecroppers and end up going to Vault 34? I'm playing on very hard + hardcore and could only make it to the overseer's office. Once I ran under the office followed by a bunch of ghouls just to see what was under there. I made it to the terminal where I was given a choice to help the people in the vault or let them die and help the sharecroppers.

I had to reload after that since I could not make it past the ghouls. I tried five more times to try and get past this point, but to no avail. I had run out of stimpacks, my guns were almost ruined and those glowing ones in armor are a pain to kill.

That is one of the best and hardest vaults I've played yet. It had everything I could have ever wanted. A choice/consequence and a vault that was difficult to pass. I'll come back to that one after I've leveled up a bit or have gotten better weapons.

Back
Top Bottom