Gothic 3 Quest with Karlen

lanux128

Sentinel
i received the dual quest of helping Karlen the paladin to kill his traitor friend, Kurt and crossing the pass to Varant. i managed to kill Kurt but after that Karlen went back to his camp-fire without crossing the pass.

So i trudged alone to Varant and met Abbas in the desert. But in the quest log, the quest "Passage to Varant with Karlen" remained unsolved eventhough Karlen has joined the rebels in Nemora. now, how do i trigger this quest to be solved?

My first guess would be try talking to him again. Another approach might be that you cheat (spawn) Karlen in Varrant and try to talk to him -> Perhaps it's the location that triggers it.

i hate using the Marvin mode.. :) maybe i'll leave it until the end, if i desperately need XP points. just for the record, Bartacus. how do i spawn Karlen in Varant?

My first guess would be try talking to him again. Another approach might be that you cheat (spawn) Karlen in Varrant and try to talk to him -> Perhaps it's the location that triggers it.

Talk to him at least once more ... I remember having to 'shake him free' of whatever his was stuck on to get him to chat with me and then move on.

i hate using the Marvin mode.. :) maybe i'll leave it until the end, if i desperately need XP points. just for the record, Bartacus. how do i spawn Karlen in Varant?

First of all the cheats console should be enabled (you can find that in the tweaks section or in one of Moriendor's post not so long ago (it was sth with the ini, but I don't remember what) Then when you're playing, you can bring down the console with 2/3 button at the left corner of your keyboard. type 'spawn Karlen' and press enter. That should do the trick!

txa1265 is offcourse right too -> sometimes it just needs Gothic 3 needs some time to get your npc free. I had a similar problem with Gorn the first time -> He didn't want to attack Gotha with me after I bought him free and just kept sitting in the mill.

Back
Top Bottom