Witcher 2 patch results

The Witcher 2
S

sakichop

Won't get any computer time till sunday wondering if you all could give me patch results.what it fixed,what it broke (hopefully nothing). Changes to customizable keys, did it fix unresponsive keys in combat or anything else you may have noticed. If this info is already in another thread please direct me there otherwise you input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy gaming.

While I'm starting to get bored with the game a bit, I think the patch has increased my framerate a bit. Keys are still laggy, but there are more customization options.

I started a new game and the only thing I've noticed so far is that I can't allocate skill points without going into meditation mode... can anyone else confirm? Sort of oddball behavior.

First you might want to backup or take a screenshot of your current configuration settings before installing the patch. On my machine it seems like it reverted to some other settings and I had to tweak and still not happy with results. Also my brightness and gamma were completely off when reloading.

It hung the first 2-3 times I tried to load my save and leave the inn (where my last save was) and once it hung when trying to exit the game. I did not have these problems prior to the patch. Might have done something in configurator that stopped that for my machine but not sure as it doesn't happen any more. (for reference the major changes were disabling Bloom, Motion Blur, Blur Effects)

I started a new game and the only thing I've noticed so far is that I can't allocate skill points without going into meditation mode… can anyone else confirm? Sort of oddball behavior.

Pretty sure that was the case before the patch. I was stumped for a while and didn't realize how to apply talents for 10+ levels. The character screen never allowed making changes and I assumed I had to unlock it in game.

I started a new game and the only thing I've noticed so far is that I can't allocate skill points without going into meditation mode… can anyone else confirm? Sort of oddball behavior.

I'm confused... Since when could you ever allocate skill points without going into meditation mode?

I posted this in the newsbit, but I'll repeat here: The 1.1 patch broke some gamepad support. Specifically, the analog sticks don't work in any menus. You can still use the D-pad to navigate, but the ability to scroll the text in your journal is completely busted.

This has been reported in multiple forums, and nobody has found a workaround yet other than using a mousewheel. Me, I'm re-installing 1.0 since I haven't experienced any problems thus far and I want to continue having the experience I'm having (almost wrapped up Chapter 2 and can't wait to get back to playing).

I'm confused… Since when could you ever allocate skill points without going into meditation mode?

I just hit 'C' and could allocate points. Geralt did go into meditation mode, but I didn't have to go through the menus to get there.

As for my experience, I didn't have to enter meditation on Normal - but I did have to on Hard.

It could be a glitch, but my assumption is that it's part of the difficulty level. Not sure why, though, as it makes little sense in terms of challenge. But I kinda like the idea of having to meditate in terms of roleplaying.

I also think having to drink potions before battle is a better implementation, as it forces you to think tactically - and you can't spam potions whenever you need them. It means you have to study up on your enemies and prepare.

To my mind, that's an improvement over the first game. That said, I'm sure there were other alchemy features in TW1 that might have been better.

However, since the entire game - as far as I played it - was a total cakewalk (apart from one battle or so) even on hard - most of the tactical options were pointless.

Just wanted to confirm that pressing C to allocate talent points has worked all along.

I posted this in the newsbit, but I'll repeat here: The 1.1 patch broke some gamepad support. Specifically, the analog sticks don't work in any menus. You can still use the D-pad to navigate, but the ability to scroll the text in your journal is completely busted.

Well, that sucks. I have never been able to use the analog sticks in for example the main menu, though, but scrolling the journal is pretty essential. Luckily, I do always have a mouse besides me, even when playing with the gamepad. But if true, this is not good.

thanks for the info guys. I may hold off and instal patch 1.1 and 1.2 next week together. The only problem i'm having is the unresponsive keys in combat and it doesn't sound like they addressed that. I wonder if they even see it as a problem as I haven't heard much about it.

It's not bothering me enough not to play yet but could wear on my nerves as I continue. Right now it's the number one leading cause of death for me.

Unresponsive keys look like WAD: dont overload the order stack and the character responds to each command.

I think the key thing happened to me because of the "pocket items". It seemed to happen pretty much only when pressing "4" for switching items, or "R" for using an item that APPEARED to be in the pocket - but wasn't actually there.

Not sure, but you could test it out.

Not sure I understand. What is WAD

Maybe that keyboards can only take so many simultaneous key presses. If you are holding down several already then additional presses might not register.

I can now start the game from the launcher in full screen with resolution at 2048x1152. Previously it would try to start and then just kick me back to the launcher. Can't speak to anything else since I've been waiting to start the game until that issue was resolved for me.

It loads even quicker without the DRM too :)

Maybe that keyboards can only take so many simultaneous key presses. If you are holding down several already then additional presses might not register.

I don't think so its a merc stealth gaming keyboard and I've pressed many more keys in other games. This is the only game that does it.

Back
Top Bottom