Torchlight II - Progress Report, Beta Testing Soon

aries100

SasqWatch
Schaefer!

I'm starting to think these guys *want* to go head to head with D3 with these delays. Torchlight 2 was supposed to be released last November! And only now are they talking of a beta?

I think Runic is making a better game than they even thought was going to be. I dont care which game comes out first D3 or TL2, i will be playing them both and so will many other fans.

Torchlight 2 will make a fun game to play multiplayer via LAN (yay that they are including this) with my two boys.

What happened to Torchlight (that was set to be released november last year)

Either Runic ran into some problems, and had to rework the whole game ground up. They are trying real hard to fix it...

Or (if we be really optimistic) they decided to make it much better than they originally planed. And this extra is what takes so much time.

I never understood why people compare every new h&s with Diablo. And after seeing all the bs about D3 (permanent internet connection, no LAN, real money transactions) I know I won't be playing it.

Torchlight 2 and Risen 2 are the only games I'm interested in this year. Maybe a few indies too :)

april-may reserved for risen 2, so fuck them with their delays

I can't stand people with attitudes like this. Like they are out to get YOU and mess up your whole life that appears to be completely scheduled around gaming. Seriously, Torchlight I was a great game that dropped on sale to $10 within months of release. If this game is as good, they are a developer to support. $20 is only about a third of what Risen 2 will be on release and you'll likely get as much time out of it (casually, at your own pace) and it's got LAN and co-op to boot.

Making a game better and taking the time to do it should be respected, not draw ire. That's just ridiculous. Maybe you should go outside once in a while, take a deep breath. I hear there's fresh air.

Back
Top Bottom