Battle Brothers - Early Access Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Overhype Studios next update announces that Battle Brothers is ready for Early Access on Steam, and the developer prefers you buy the game off their website.

Battle Brothers released to Early Access

Finally! After all that waiting you can now experience for yourself how it feels to get your men slaughtered and, in some rare cases, even emerge victorious in a game of Battle Brothers. We hope you enjoy playing the game as much as we enjoyed designing it!

Please keep in mind that this game was just released into Early Access and is far from finished. We consider it a solid foundation upon which we can now build a truly great game over the course of the next year.

Where to get it

The best place for buying the game is at our very own website. You’ll receive a Steam key with which you can start playing right away. In addition, you may leave a tip to further support us if you want.
More information.

This game is already fun (if you are into tactical turn based combat).
Visit the developer thread on RPGWatch to get a lot of info about the game.

-> devs

Very promising game I follow since I first heard of it months ago. Not sure I will join another EA title since my backlog is already huge. I will definitely buy it at some point, though.

Looks interesting...

Not sure I will join another EA title since my backlog is already huge.

...but yeah, I have so many games I'm juggling now, a huge backlog, 100+ games on wishlist, and most likely picking up Witcher 3 on release which will absorb tons of time. I'm buying far fewer EA games these days.

I've always been intrigued by this one, though not entirely sure why, other than my love for tactical turn-based gameplay. Think I saw an old video that showed one of the characters getting turned into a werewolf or something that looked interesting. Just had a feeling that the devs put some real thought into the game. Think I may pick this up soon to support the devs and on HiddenX's recommendation.

Edit: Think I'll buy from the devs' website, too. They give you a Steam key, and I'm not too keen these days on helping Valve and their Steam Sweatshop take their sizeable slice of the pie.

2nd Edit: Heh, brutal. My guy Erik had his shield wall up with full health and armor and was decapitated in one swing. He also happened to be the one guy who didn't have a helmet. I'm sorry I ran out of money, Erik, but I have to say it was a nice touch your head lay accusingly on the battlefield throughout the fight. There's one Early Access purchase I don't regret.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom