The Witcher 2 - 360 Version Delayed, More DLC Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
I imagine the overwhelming majority of our readers already have the PC version but VG247 reports the X360 release of The Witcher 2 has been pushed to Q1 2012 for more polish and to continue their legal battles with Namco.
Apparently they also have a "major DLC" for the PC version coming that will be unveiled at Gamescom:
CD Projekt also said it would show a video on “major DLC” that will form part of an “upcoming, as-yet-unannounced update” for the PC version at gamescom.
More information.

CD Projekt also said it would show a video on “major DLC” that will form part of an “upcoming, as-yet-unannounced update” for the PC version at gamescom.
Seriously, BioWare should learn from them.

Seriously, at this point I would be happy with the DLC just being a patch that fixes the 3D support that is still buggered 3 months after release.

I've not said it for ages, but hey, I'm not a fan of add-in DLC if the game is of a linear and closed nature. They add too little to be worth a play through. They're fine for open ended games where there's a good chance they'll still add something to my current game, but for games like TW2 and recent Bioware efforts I want add-ons instead - extend my gameplay for my money.

But he has a point - even free DLC takes time and money on part of developer. And that time and money is better spent making true expansion that continues the game.

Except it's already been stated that Witcher 2 DLC will be free. So accept your free horse and quit looking in its mouth ;)

They're a business, they're doing it for my money, either past or future.

extend my gameplay for my money.
Except you are not paying money. And we don't know if the DLC is going to be an add-in or not. All we know is that it's gonna be a major DLC. And thankfully this:
They add too little to be worth a play through.
will not be the case this time around.

They also said there will larger paid dlc coming did everyone forget that also. I love the free small quest dlc but cant wait to see what they offer for paid dlc.

They also said there will larger paid dlc coming did everyone forget that also. I love the free small quest dlc but cant wait to see what they offer for paid dlc.

When and where did they say that? I only know about their claims that all DLC would be free.

And when is this gamescom happening? So I'll know how long I still have to wait. :)

You can't really say "DLC is too short to be worth the money or playing the game again." That really depends. The Fallout New Vegas DLC for example is 10 hours long each, if not more.

I do agree however that when a game releases a quickie 2-3 hour DLC months after I finished the game it can be a little annoying. They're built for console gamers who don't have to install games, but even then in your mind you have moved on. That is why I much prefer expansions or mini-expansion type DLC, like Fallout New Vegas is getting.

When and where did they say that? I only know about their claims that all DLC would be free.

And when is this gamescom happening? So I'll know how long I still have to wait. :)

Right here there not calling it dlc but expansion packs you can download. So basically anything like Bethesda releases will be called expansion packs not dlc. All the small dlc will be free.

In response to a fan's question about planned DLC, a CD Projekt spokesperson wrote, "Let me announce that all our DLCs will be FREE. All of them. If anything will be for purchase, those will be expansion packs."

Back
Top Bottom