IMF boss Arrest

I really don't know, however I have traveled in japan quite a lot, and everyone I know from there is saying the same thing what a huge problem it is. Again you have to understand the culture…. a Japanese would most often rather take their life than lose their face. Admitting to having been raped is such an act that would make you lose face.

But reporting Chikan is ok? I say there's an inconsistency here.

Based on stories I've heard from the US it's mostly the rate that's unique…

I suggested it is created by the environment.

But reporting Chikan is ok? I say there's an inconsistency here.

While Chikan is far less shaming than rape, most of it is still not reported. The crime report rate for that is somewhere around 18% I think. On anonymous questionnaires it is over 50%. I'd say there are few women in japan who takes the trains who haven't experienced it.

Nah...it's a criminal investigation. Even if someone DID bribe the maid's friends, family, church, and village, it wouldn't stop Kahn's prosecution. It's a state matter now.

It could lead to false witnesses perhaps... but it probably doesn't matter. It appears they have quite some DNA proof etc.

Doesn't really matter. If they weren't in the room, their testimony as to what happened would be inadmissible. I suppose the family might have been paid off in order to subpoena them to testify in order to impeach the credibility of the maid, but that testimony would be thrown out based on the money they were paid. If there is DNA evidence, Kahn is likely fucked, no matter how many witnesses are brought in. The lynch pin would be a hospital examination that shows genital trauma, signifying a forced act, rather than a consensual one.

Well, perhaps I will have to apologize, but this still appears quite fishy to me…. is he really innocent? or did someone get enough money on their account? what happened to the solid proof?

Anyway if he is found innocent ( and I suppose it is by far the most probable outcome now) sorry Mr Kahn.

Back
Top Bottom