L.A. Times Bans Climate Deniers - When Will the Rest of the Media Follow Suit?

Actually those theories have been proven. By examining ice cores, among other things.

Without a doubt it's complicated issue, but the partials with respect to fossil fuel burning have been proven to be huge compared to all the sources of uncompensated greenhouse gases (i.e. volcanics). If we wait until everything is perfectly understood, then we will wait forever and destroy the ecosystem, as well as possibly put Europe into a deep freeze, cause global coastal flooding, et cetera….

We will run out of fossil fuel eventually, we might as well wean ourselves off it in a controlled fashion rather than in a panic that only benefits greedy hoarders and speculators, rather than humanity and the planet. Waiting only serves the greedy.

Prove…that…man's…influence…is…bigger…than…nature's. Nobody's denying man's influence. Does it really matter compared to drivers that occur at the cosmic level?

In what way evidences of this relative influence are required?

If a house builder provides evidences that more houses are destroyed because tsunamis, earthquakes etc, the house builder get away with his building mistakes that led to houses to collapse?

So far:
stone age people
breathers
nature that might be doing more than "man"

What next?

In what way evidences of this relative influence are required?
*sigh* Once again... Because it doesn't make any sense to go to great effort working on .0004% of the problem, if that turns out to be the case. That's basic problem solving. Perhaps you've heard of Pareto charts and their common uses?
If a house builder provides evidences that more houses are destroyed because tsunamis, earthquakes etc, the house builder get away with his building mistakes that led to houses to collapse?
Your example does not address the point. If your house builder adds a $10billion missle defense system to protect the house from meteor strikes but the earthquake still levels it, are you going to congratulate him and say it was money well spent? Of course not, because he was working on the wrong problem.

It addresses the point.

The meteor example is fictional.

What is not fictional:
1-houses collapse because of poor construction
2-houses collapse because of tsunami, earthquakes etc

It makes no sense to address cases in 1 if cases in 2 are more numerous.

Then again - I keep missing the obvious - like the perfection known as the Dark Souls character system.

Ahhh, the child of Bhaal has awoken. It is time for more…'enlightenment'… The pain will only be passing; you should survive the process…

The D&D 3.x class system is great from a well-rounded party perspective, but when it comes down to PvP with a single character your options for kicking ass are actually pretty limited. NWN1 sorcerer was pretty much unbeatable. NWN2 your 2hander frenzied berserkers were. But in dark souls anything you like is viable. Never raising your stats at all is fine too; I've won Dark Souls with a level1. You can still wear that heavy armor without an investment into endurance if you're happy to move more slowly. Want to do good melee damage but not invest in str or dex? Use a weapon with an int or faith mod, or forgo stat bonus' entirely and get a pure elemental weapon, like fire or lightning, leaving your stats free to raise vitality, or to stay as you are for sake of invasion level bracket. One can have great magic with no investment into int or faith too using pyromancy spells.

The items themselves are a big part of the class builds too and that balance between being fast and light weight, but also to have the poise to win the moments when both people are just mashing attack so you don't get stunned. Armor also makes sound. Leather is good for stealth, but because its quiet. You don't turn invisible in front of people. But backstab is alive and well, and counter-attacks and ripostes are in. Some weapons can attack with shield up. The list goes on…

If I recall correctly you gave up after 15 minutes? or was it 15 hours? It was short enough that you couldn't possibly have scratched the surface of what it has to offer and yet had the audacity to believe your own callow comments…

Do you cling to the past or can you see through the pain?

edit: If you like I'll help you. Summon me for some Jolly Co-operation and victory will be at hand! I doubt you'll get such an offer from the eels!

Back
Top Bottom