Space Siege - Steam

Why would this cost $10 more on Steam? Do I hate Rupert Murdoch so much that I would rather give $10 dollars to Gabe Newell?

Because Steam is cla$$y.

No, actually I never get it why downloadable games have even remotely similar prices to boxed releases.

Now that I've logged onto Steam, I think the web page listing is a mistake. The Steam client is showing the same price as Direct2Drive - about twice what I'm willing to pay for another 'Siege' game.

Why would this cost $10 more on Steam? Do I hate Rupert Murdoch so much that I would rather give $10 dollars to Gabe Newell?

Selling a game on Steam is pretty expensive.

Now that I've logged onto Steam, I think the web page listing is a mistake.

It lists 59.99 USD in the Steam app for me. Must be regional pricing.

STEAM: ALWAYS starts out at the MSRP, and is usually IMO a sign of poor retail sales.

Also the STEAM version will USUALLY stay at the original MSRP LONG after you can find a copy in a b&m store for $10-20, some months after which they will start.

I wonder if they always intended to start selling digitally almost immediately or if they're just getting signs of poor retail performance in stores already...

Would probably still be 20$ cheaper than if I had to buy it in a store here in Denmark. Atleast if it will get a "new game" price. As 80$ seems to be the price atm here.

Though I must admit, if I wanted the game, I would rather pay the extra 20$ and get the box form instead of digital. I am still a bit oldfashion.

What's the point of arguing over pricing?

It's a really crappy game and not worth >$10.

What's the point of arguing over pricing?

It's a really crappy game and not worth >$10.

Agreed. How on Earth can they think a modern game can get away without customizable key mapping? What a load of crap. Like I want to use the number keys for skills (normal) while reaching for "Z" to pick up items. Pain in the ass.

I hate that Steam apps are so expensive, but it is really like how he record companies demand DRM for Apple's iTunes and constantly try to keep pricing high ... they don't want to cannibalize their other sales.

Back
Top Bottom