The Quest - Released on Steam

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Quest - an old school grid-based Dungeon Crawler with turn based combat - has been released on Steam:

The Quest is a beautifully hand-drawn open world role playing game with old school grid-based movement and turn based combat.

In the kingdom of Monares trouble is brewing. The governor of Freymore is missing and the island is in tumult. The mages all prophesy a dark shadow looming over the safety of the kingdom. As an Agent of the king, it's your job to find out what is happening and avert any danger.

Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, weapons, armor and enchantments, and explore a huge world of four cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests – full of mystery, magic and intriguing challenges. Meet the many inhabitants, each with its own agenda and attitude towards your character. Some will be helpful, some greedy or lascivious or just plain mean. You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic end of your own choosing.

Features:

• Pursue a long and dramatic main story and solve many optional side quests.
  • Create a highly customizable character and cast dazzling spells, enchant powerful items, concoct potent potions and persuade people to further your goals.
  • Discover an open world with interesting locales, day/night cycle, weather, fascinating people, dangerous creatures, readable books, pick-able locks, repairable items, houses that can be broken into, dungeons, traps and much more.
  • Play an absorbing card game with three different decks, accessible at the inns.
More information.

Sounds interesting - anyone playing it? Be good to get some Watcher feedback. :)

I have bought it, but I don't have much time to play these days.

I have really enjoyed it on iOS - it is on my 'always install' list for new devices. It actually reminds me of a couple of games I used to love on 'Windows Mobile' PDA devices as well. Not sure I'd really want it on my PC though ... But that is me. I recommend it - so if you find it interesting looking, trust me that it is a solid game.

I have really enjoyed it on iOS - it is on my 'always install' list for new devices. It actually reminds me of a couple of games I used to love on 'Windows Mobile' PDA devices as well. Not sure I'd really want it on my PC though … But that is me. I recommend it - so if you find it interesting looking, trust me that it is a solid game.

Seems they updated the graphics and ui on this, looks a lot nicer.

I have really enjoyed it on iOS - it is on my 'always install' list for new devices. It actually reminds me of a couple of games I used to love on 'Windows Mobile' PDA devices as well. Not sure I'd really want it on my PC though … But that is me. I recommend it - so if you find it interesting looking, trust me that it is a solid game.

Uh oh. Mobile port? I usually immediately click away from any game when I see that tag on Steam.

Id hit that.

Quite unbalanced iirc.

Card game was where I spent most of my time :D. Good for a mobile rpg but really wouldnt play it on desktop as my backlog on better games is, like most here, really piling up.

Uh oh. Mobile port? I usually immediately click away from any game when I see that tag on Steam.

Yes I regret having bought it. The interface is terrible and wasn't changed at all from the touch one. It's very painful to select dialogue choices, pick up items, use your inventory, etc.

I don't know what's going on with the graphics but this game gives me vertigo, something that never happens.

I don't know what's going on with the graphics but this game gives me vertigo, something that never happens.

It happens to me when a game is in 2.5D like the early shooters Doom amd Blood for example

Last edited:
Well RPG Watch recommended it and it is sitting at 96% positive reviews (25 pos/1 neg) so that is something to consider.

I'm playing it nonstop since yesterday and have a lot of fun. A mix between Daggerfall and Lands of Lore. The GUI is easy to use and the text-font is really big and easy to read.

I'm playing it nonstop since yesterday and have a lot of fun. A mix between Daggerfall and Lands of Lore. The GUI is easy to use and the text-font is really big and easy to read.

On what platform are you playing?

Well I still think the UI is really bad on PC, it's obvious it was made for a small touch screen. They really should overhaul it.

One thing I must say is that you move much faster than on iPod/iPad with the original version, which was very slow. It helps that you have a real keyboard too.

Back
Top Bottom