Guardians of Graxia

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Has anyone play this game? I saw it over at GamersGate. It looks interesting. I like card games that were made on the PC like Etherlords and Magic: The Gathering, but I haven't read much about this one. Actually, I haven't heard anything about this game at all.

I think there was a customer review over on GamersGate, but I could be wrong.

Looks interesting though, and I'm sorely tempted to pick it up. I quite liked the polish of Universe at War (Even if I can never be arsed to play it), and I do hold Petroglyph in high regard. Gonna pick it up one day, but I've got a load to finish first.

Thanks for the input.

I'm not as thrilled with Petroglyph, but only have played one game from them, Star Wars: Empire at War. Did not like that one at all.

That being said, I think I'll give them another shot. I do like the look of this game. After I'm done with my current games I'm picking this one up.

Etherlords rocked, I loved those games! pity they're pretty much abandoned now.

Greetings! If you have any questions about the game or any others from our studio, please let me know. You can also stop by our forums and ask questions the rest of the community can view.

To note, we're expanding Guardians of Graxia and will soon be offering it on other services. We've also already updated the game on GamersGate to v1.1 based on many of the community's feedback.

Thanks for stopping by your game looks interesting to say the least. Haven't seen a good fantasy card game on the PC in awhile, other than MTG of course :)

Do you mind explaining a little bit about your game? I've seen the screenshots and it sorta looks like a mix of Archon/chess and Etherlords/MTG. That would not be a bad thing, imo :)

Thanks Dwagginz. Finally a review :D It does sound like chess mixed in with a card game. Sorta like Archon mixed chess with action gameplay. Not a bad combo, imo.

Looks interesting - I'll keep my eye out for a Steam or Impulse version, if they become available.

Steam's had it about a week or so now, and for a very good price.

Been tempted, but I hope they release a demo at some point.

I got it on steam yesterday. Played it for like 10 or so mins and was just not into learning something new of that depth in the time that I had, so I fled. It's not a game that you just jump into for a quick hour or so, it's a very involved and somewhat unconventional TBS. Different things you can do in different phases, all that sort of minutae. When going in, have some time available to learn a new and fairly complex turn-based battle system.

Tonight I fired it up again w/ a bit more time and patience on my side, and was able to play for a couple hours. It's pretty fun once you get rolling, but w/ a steep learning curve and a lot of downtime whilst the enemy makes their moves. It's worth the 5.00 +/- sale price tags that I've been seeing it for, but a King's Bounty:The Legend or Eleven Legacy this is not, it's a pretty low budget title. And for being a quasi-"card game", it's nothing like MTG. It seems like it's bound to overwhelm and subsequently bore-to-uninstall the more casual strat players like me, but it's probably a refreshingly brutal and different take on fantasy TBS for the hardcores out there who have the time and patience to endure it.

I didn't want to read that, Sam. I picked it up when it was a deal of the day (£2 including the DLC), and loaded up the menu and was instantly annoyed by how it decided on my profile and its name, although it was a minor issue.

Well, suppose I'll have to give it a go at some point :p

I bought this as well and had the same reaction as the great cat :) When I get some more time I'll figure out what all of these actions mean, but even playing it for a few hours I can tell it's no Armageddon Empires. Now that's a complicated card game that rewards you for your patience. This one.....not really sure yet. Not liking these tiny maps and limited turns. Maybe with a bit more time later on this one will surprise me, but I doubt it.

I'd rather just play Armageddon Empires, Dominions 3 or even Solium Infernum if I'm going to have to spend a long time to learn the game. I'm just not liking these cards I guess.

Back
Top Bottom