Mass Effect: Andromeda - First Playthroughs

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Mass Effect: Andromeda level designer Jos Hendriks is playing ME:A properly for the first time, and has taken to Twitter to share his excitement over the upcoming space opera.

Mass-Effect-3-635x357.png

Mass Effect Andromeda level designer Jos Hendriks has taken to Twitter, to share that he has been playing Andromeda properly, for the first time. According Hendriks, he now has played Bioware’s upcoming title in context with content created by his fellow team members.

Over the past year, Bioware developers have been teasing Andromeda on more than one occasion, but the most recent tweets from Bioware’s level designer, reveal some new info regarding the development process of the 3rd-person action RPG.

The next Mass Effect installment is scheduled for a release in the 4rd quarter of 2016, but if Hendrik’s recent tweets are to be believed, he’s now “playing the game like you would if/when you get it"...
More information.

More information.

Any pics with respawned bears?

Oh, Joxer…

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry with you. *smh*

Laugh or cry nope. He takes these things seriously, which is nice. If companies would stop doing all the bull crap he wouldn't have to keep bring it up.

Can't wait for this game.

I think Mass Effect is the best sci-fi setting ever created, and exploring Andromeda will be awesome, considering the scientific plausibility in which they have developed the whole franchise so far.

Edit: As far as I remember in my 500+ hours of gameplay across three games and several full completions in each (because seeing the result of different choices in YouTube isn't the same as experiencing it yourself), Mass Effect never had respawning monsters, and I hope it keeps that way.

Last edited:
Stop milking every "franchise" to death. The trilogy was enough. And considering how poor the final part of that trilogy was, I'd say it was too much.

Stop milking every "franchise" to death. The trilogy was enough. And considering how poor the final part of that trilogy was, I'd say it was too much.
I think it's a reasonable compromise that they say farewell to Shepard, the companions and the previous galaxy and start something fresh within the same universe and franchise.

If it was for me, they could make another trilogy out of this one.

I just don't want to see a three part prequel with Saren as main role. Or Illusive man. Or anyone who was "sith" in original trilogy like anyone should care.

Another leaked screenshot. Apparently you encounter several of these throughout your playthrough. It's like they just keep coming or something…

Attachments

• sceneFINAL_no_animation.jpg
    sceneFINAL_no_animation.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 38

Can't disagree more. While the evolution of ME has changed from RPG to shooter 'with RPG elements', I thought the last game was very good and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I also don't believe a nearly infinite universe can possibly be done "to death". If you get tired of one story, go to another galaxy. *shrugs* Apparently that's what Andromeda does.

And you don't have to buy it, while the rest of us who love the series are excited!

I just don't want to see a three part prequel with Saren as main role. Or Illusive man. Or anyone who was "sith" in original trilogy like anyone should care.

If they are in the Andromeda galaxy after a long journey, it can hardly be a prequel with Saren, unless he has developed his own method of rapid intergalactic travel. Of course it would be good if you actually keep abreast of news about the game instead of complaining about scenarios that just can't happen :)

Yea there was a time I thought red-green-blue scenario just can't happen.
And then it happened.

Eh, ME had it's ups and downs when it comes to lore and setting.
I think they did a pretty damn good job with aliens...Asari, Turians, Salarians (my favorite)...were different and interesting enough with a ton of background. Great visual design, much better than in Startrek or in Babylon V...more unique body language would have helped. Plus that Mordin song.
On the other, political factions and "rise of the humans" were very simplistic, sometimes childish ( Council, Terra prime). ME II took place in a completely new region of space and all they did is rehashed existing species in criminal gangs that "control" entire solar systems. And ME III did even less.
I hope they kick out "humans are special thrope" and focus more on what made the first one more special.
Imagine a scene where you're walking aboard your ship in space suit, Garrus cracks a joke, that hypnotic Prothean theme kicks in and the game switches to First person view with player slowly looking at galaxy all around you. Instant top ten moments in gaming.
More of that and less shooting in warehouses this time around, Bioware.

Well, you certainly can ignore it when it comes out: there problem solved.

Me, I'm all over this like white on rice: 10+ trilogy runs under the belt... best series of all time IMO.

Oh, and I like the ending (if you include Leviathan+Citadel+Extended Cut).

I will most definitely play this...I enjoyed the other games, and I will no doubt enjoy this.

Back
Top Bottom