Might & Magic - Meets Puzzle Quest?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Might & Magic fansite Celestial Heavens writes of an upcoming Might & Magic game for the Nintendo DS that marries the franchise with puzzle gameplay. Here's a snip from the personal website of the lead writer, Jeff Spock:
Upcoming DS fantasy game in the Might and Magic universe (2009): This will be an awesome puzzle game with an epic fantasy storyline. And, yes, both of those things are possible. Watch the review pages; I think this one will make waves.
Check out their comments for someone that has actually seen the game.
More information.

Looks like the guy changed the wording and removed the reference to M & M:

Upcoming DS fantasy game (2009)
This will be an awesome puzzle game with an epic fantasy storyline. And, yes, both of those things are possible. Watch the review pages; I think this one will make waves.
April 2009: Terminology removed. Apologies to the M&M community -- that's what happens when you update your site without double-checking the content.

Okay so the first reintroduction was a Might & Magic shooter, then the next reintroduction is going to be a Might and Magic puzzler, they wont go RTS because they got that covererd, and they wont go adventure game because Warcraft tried and gave up. So my guess is that the next Might & Magic we'll see will be a sim. Either a castle sim or a dragon sim - I'm hoping they think outside the box and have a Tavern Keep sim. And not the wonky Tavern Sim in the Guild but a real Might & Magic Tavern sim, with Bards, and fiticuffs and mysterious travelers.

Actually, since I'm quite fond of PQ a M&M puzzle game would be nice. I though that at first about Challange of the Warlords as well - that I'd rather have a new proper Warlords or BattleCry game instead, but I got converted pretty fast. Besides, a M&M puzzle game might spark enough of Ubi's interest to do a proper M&M.

You know after thinking about it a bit, I wouldn't mind M&M and PQ mixed together. PQ was pretty fun (thanks mags) although what I still think is a cruel joke is that is only released on the DS. I don't even have that, all I have is a PSP :D

A "dream game" would be for me some kind of Tropico, only within a fantasy universe. ;)

I'm actually quite surprised that so few RPGs use the setting of an island ...

For the life of me, I can't think of a single game franchise that's so far astray from its roots than Might and Magic. Hello? This is a CRPG franchise. What are these people thinking? What's next, 'Carmen Sandiego goes to the World of Xeen?'

You know after thinking about it a bit, I wouldn't mind M&M and PQ mixed together. PQ was pretty fun (thanks mags) although what I still think is a cruel joke is that is only released on the DS. I don't even have that, all I have is a PSP :D
If you're using a PC to post this then it can probably play PQ :)

I think he meant the M&M / PQ mix..... which would only be released for DS.

And they still just don't get it. Each new might and magic release is garbage and an insult to the name. Please just drop the IP name and quit raping it.

A "dream game" would be for me some kind of Tropico, only within a fantasy universe. ;)

I'm actually quite surprised that so few RPGs use the setting of an island ...
Aren't you pretty well describing Dungeon Keeper? Majesty would probably fit the bill as well.

Aren't you pretty well describing Dungeon Keeper? Majesty would probably fit the bill as well.

Dungeon Keeper ? Oh, well, I've never played it except the demo ... And yes, Majesty fits in it pretty well. :)

Back
Top Bottom