The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

To join up with us, you will need to do several things. First get the game working :) Sometimes you do get strange messages, depending on where you live. Second you will need to create some characters (called toons) on Khyber server. Third, you will need to level them up a little. Buying vet status is the easiest way to do this. Now, our main chars are all about level 15-17 so you can't play with those until you reach a similar level. However, many of us also have several other chars (called alts) at lower levels, ranging (I think) from levels 6-12. To avoid major loss of XP, you need to be no more than 2 levels from the highest level player and no more than 2 levels from the level of the quest (unless you are running it on higher than Normal level).

If you post the name(s) of your chars here, we will send you a Guild invite and where possible assist you in developing your chars. Usually one of us is either online or available most days. I would suggest you use Skype (which is our preferred method of communication) to call any of us to ask for help or to see if we're available to play.

I had a character before that just left the starting area, but I forgot which server it was on. If it's a different one, I could just as well make a new account instead of waiting for customer service.

Thanks for the info.

We will be celebrating Christmas tomorrow so I won't be joining the playing session then. Our next playing session is supposed to take place when we celebrate New Year (starting 01:00am my time January 1st). I will probably not be home at that time. I will hopefully join you at sessions during the week between these holidays.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :)

Okay, I've created a new character on my new account. It sucks to play through the starting area again, but oh well. Everything looks very nice on ultra high settings! :)

My female elf Cleric is called: Thaurene.

Welcome back to DDO Thaurin. My lowest is Wiindsong, a Half-elven Monk. So it shouldn't take you too long to get up to a level where I can help you out.

I'm not 100% I'll be able to play tomorrow or not. I intend to, since I haven't been able to even log on all week. But we'll see.

Luckily, this game is pretty fun solo, with all those dungeons and story quests and everything. I skipped most of that starting island, so I'm really low level still.

Timezones will probably be a problem, too!

Welcome to the game. I was going to log in today so will do an invite for the guild if no one has done so yet. The guild shops in house K are cheaper and we do have an airship you can take advantage of for transporting from place to place. Enjoy and hopefully see you in game.

Thaurin, I always do the Korthos quests because the XP, favor, and gear are well worth the time. It takes me a max of 2 hours to complete everything there now. Actually timezones are a mild annoyance, not a problem. We cover most of them here with US, Euro and Aussie players.

Ah, well. It said I could go back at any time, so maybe I'll do them again later. I just wanted to see some new stuff and see how that looked/performed, because I stopped last time after arriving on that ship.

If you complete the Korthos story chain, you get a set of named items, which are good enough that you'll be using them for a long time. My Paladin used the Anger's Wrath set until level 12, and my Cleric still has her Archivist's Necklace, for the SP clicky. My Favored Soul, who is level 10, also still has the Anger's Wrath, as does my Sorcerer (though he/she/it's about to drop it, as I'm not going to rely on melee as much, only as backup, now that I have Firewall).

I recommend grabbing the Archivist set, as that gives you a necklace that can restore a few sp. It's not much, but it's the only such item you can bank on, and is one of very few items period.

I mailed an invite, you'll have to go to the mailbox (a scroll icon on your map, in the harbor) to get it. Just open the mail, detach the signal thing, and then double click on it in your inventory. It'll give you a pop up, asking if you'd like to join.

I mailed an invite, you'll have to go to the mailbox (a scroll icon on your map, in the harbor) to get it. Just open the mail, detach the signal thing, and then double click on it in your inventory. It'll give you a pop up, asking if you'd like to join.

You mean for the guild? Somebody invited me last night when I was online, so it's all good. I'm also back on the island, doing those first quests.

But man, I've got too much stuff to play. Should stick with one game. :p

You mean for the guild? Somebody invited me last night when I was online, so it's all good. I'm also back on the island, doing those first quests.

But man, I've got too much stuff to play. Should stick with one game. :p

You see, that confuses me slightly, because you're not listed in the guild roster. You get a lot of blind invites for guilds if you're on an unguilded character these days. So you may have gotten invited to another guild.

Peter, drew an interesting item during my latest bloodstone run. Would you like:

Dynastic Falcata
+4 khopesh
adamantine
+2 CHR
true law (1-6 against non-lawful)
must be lawful to wield without penalty

In an attempt to make myself like playing my Paladin more, I've respecced her. Again. I'm determined to get my first character to 20, but my active lack of liking of Paladins means I don't generally find it fun.

So for now, I'm a Paladin/Monk. Little has changed, I'm now a TWF Khopesh user, pushing for DPS, and buffed out, I can hit it. I ran some Bloodstone runs myself, and what used to take my Pally 10 minutes went down to 5, with only one use of my LoH.

It was expensive, 1700TP, and over 50,000 plat to re-equip myself with a minimal set of Khopeshes, all of which are a step down in quality from what I had. And I'm still forced into THF mode for certain DR breakers. No longer in armor, as I couldn't find a light suit with heavy fort.

Amusingly, one of the Khopeshes I grabbed was a Dynastic Falcata, Dte. Haven't used it, as I generally run my Holy 'peshes, or (as I've been fighting mostly Skellies) a pair of Holy Warhammers.

I lost a few hp (less than 10), gained two feats and evasion, have higher saves, same AC, slightly weaker LoH but stronger by far melee. I do have to deal with pajamas, which in the end cost me a good chunk of that TP; I bought an appearance kit. Not bad looking, but had the original not been so badly made I'd have never needed it. UMD dropped by 1, since my CHA lost a couple of points at start.

I've got to gear up some, as Rachail is sorely outdated in equipment. I can make due with my weapons for a level, since I'll just use Holy Sword afterward (took two levels of Monk). But I looked and saw I had no Toughness, False Life items, or even a +6 CON (stuck on +4 for now). A Minos, Dusk Heart, and a new belt are in order, at the least. That'll push me to about 370hp, which isn't too terrible.

You see, that confuses me slightly, because you're not listed in the guild roster. You get a lot of blind invites for guilds if you're on an unguilded character these days. So you may have gotten invited to another guild.

Oh really? Haha, then maybe that's what happened. I just assumed that it was you guys. There are hardly ever any people on from that guild, so it's probably another guild then.

Our guild is called.......wait fot it.........RPGWatch!! :)

@ Thaurin.......I see you found the guild. I have a level 3 half orc I could run with your cleric. Most all my characters have Kerria in the first name, other then Testovina. No matter who is on, if we have a character you can run with feel free to ask about teaming up. ;)

It appears I'll be available.

CM is a perfect Half-Orc!! :p :) I'll try to be there; haven't played in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom