Overlord II - Review @ RealGamer

magerette

Hedgewitch
RealGamer posts their review for the XBox 360 version of Codemasters' and Triumph Studios' Overlord II, giving it a 7/10:
...You travel the game world trying to conquer towns, gain treasure and so on accompanied by your army of minions causing chaos and destruction as you go. There are four different minions for you to summon, Browns - the basic grunts, Reds – fire minions, Greens – a sneaky stealth unit and blues - water minions. Obviously each minion type has its own unique strengths and weaknesses and the game world features many areas that only one minion type can reach. This of course adds a level of variety and strategy to the gameplay, albeit in small amounts. In general Overlord II is good fun, and sending your minions on the rampage, attacking any enemies or small animals they comes across is strangely entertaining and very additive...
Conclusion:
Overlord II is a nice improvement over last year’s game with a lot of worthwhile additions to the core gameplay. However, some questionable design choices stop this instalment from being a great game and can at times make Overlord II a very frustrating experience. Despite its problems it does generally provide a fun experience and fans of the first game will love the new ways of spreading chaos.
More information.

But what I really want to know is why is the game called Overlord II for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 but it's called Overlord Dark Legends for the Wii? Why?

But what I really want to know is why is the game called Overlord II for the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 but it's called Overlord Dark Legends for the Wii? Why?

Because Overlord II is the full sequel to the original, for the PC and 'next gen' consoles ... the DS & Wii get watered down versions. The Wii is supposedly decent but not as good as the PC version ... all are better than the DS 'Minions' game.

TXA you played the other Overlords? If you did can you give a quick impression of them. I read about the wii one and that one looks pretty fun and true to the PC version with some of the extra stuff taken out like destroyable stuff.

Oh btw, if anyone out there is a strategy fan, if you loved Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2 then I highly recomend you buy this game as fast as possible. It just rocks. You're truly evil this time around. Non of this I'll help you for nothing stuff. Everything has a price. The only character customiztion is just how evil do you want to be and who do you want to be your first mistress. Yes I said first mistress, you now can have 3. While the minions are the same, what you can do with those minions has been extended upon. Great writing, great plots, great humor, great gameplay. What else can I say about this game ....oh yea IT'S GREAT. A must have for any Evil Overlord in traing ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom