Consortium - 40% Off on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces that you can now buy Consortium for 40% off for the next 40 hours.

Taking place entirely aboard a massive futuristic aircraft, CONSORTIUM is a first person science-fiction role-playing experience unlike any other. The story begins in our world - the "real world" - where we here at Interdimensional Games have developed a satellite (iDGi-1) capable of opening a digital rift through time and space...

Anyone with an internet connection can travel through this rift and awaken within an alternate dimension from our own - the "game world" - in the year 2042.
The developer also released a new patch they call the master edition.

We have worked to address every single issue that has been reported to us by players and critics since launching V1.0 in January. We would like to humbly request anyone who has already reviewed CONSORTIUM (on Steam or anywhere else) and gave low marks due to bugs, to please have another look at this Master Edition. We guarantee you will not be disappointed and hope you would be willing to re-consider your original review.
More information.

I don't think any reviewer reconsiders reviews. If you can't get it patched by the time the review is done, too bad. Don't release your game until its finished.

Some DO revisit games, though - PC Gamer's "Extra Life" section will give impressions of games from other authors well after a game's release. It's not a new review, though.

Reviewers may not reconsider reviews, but potential buyers sometimes do. This game has been on my "maybe" list for a while. 40% off and all patched up sounds like a good time to take the plunge.

Reviewers may not reconsider reviews, but potential buyers sometimes do. This game has been on my "maybe" list for a while. 40% off and all patched up sounds like a good time to take the plunge.

Precisely. Same with me, so I just bought it. :) I hope it will not disappoint.

Not to burst your bubbles, but I found it to be quite awful - though the concept was interesting.

heavy scripted games are just not paying off (. It feels sad.. because these are just what I like most.. its like the GFE from hookers

unfortunately, I'll never play this. graphics suck, setting sucks (subjective)

I'd rather have a cardboard game, with slides honestly.. even text alone )

some people's sense of esthetics is sick

Last edited:
I don't think any reviewer reconsiders reviews. If you can't get it patched by the time the review is done, too bad. Don't release your game until its finished.

Reviewers know when to look the other way. Dragon Age 2 was released with its fair amount of game breaking bugs (the type that requires the players to tweak the game files for them to be bearable, not the other bugs that players often complain about)
It did not prevent the game from getting its ten by reviewers or more generally, a strong mark.

Not to burst your bubbles, but I found it to be quite awful - though the concept was interesting.

That probably means I'd love this game :biggrin: Still, not going to get it yet, maybe if/when it gets down to $5

I just finished it and in one single session at that. I didn't expect it would be so short. But I liked it. It's an... interesting game, at the very least, if you are into that sort of thing. I was.

Back
Top Bottom