GOG - Classic Gem Promo: Darkstone

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG.com is having a new sale on the classic hack-and-slash game Darkstone.

Darkstone, a classic hack-and-slash that introduced 3D graphics into the genre, will have you hacking through hordes of horrors with a 60% discount on GOG.com. That's only $2.39 for the next 24 hours.

When your legal name is "Lord Draak" and you wield the power to transform yourself into a giant dragon, becoming an evil overlord seems like the obvious career choice. Then, if by some strange and totally unexpected twist of fate, you end up deprived of your magic, banished from the realm, and nearly killed you are, again, left with not much of a choice. You obviously need to gather back your minions and devise a new evil plot to terrorize the land and rebuild your reign of fear, violence and darkness. Right? RIGHT?! Well, tough luck, Lord Draak, this game is not about you. It’s about the valiant heroes that are out to get you. Let's repeat that part: Out. To get you. Right. Now.

In Darkstone a party of up to four adventurers sets off on a quest to free the realm of Uma of its oppressor. In the co-op multi-player mode each player controls one of them. In single-player you can switch between two characters and the computer will take control of the one you leave unattended. There are four provinces to explore, each with its own set of quest-filled, procedurally-generated dungeons to keep you busy and boost the game’s replay value. If you enjoy hacking the minions of evil and slashing through one dark, damp dungeon after another, preferably with some friends at your side, but this title somehow is missing from your DRM-free collection, today is the best day to grab it!
More information.

OMG , Darkstone was beautiful! Superb music, good story, excellent gameplay.

I had a lot of trouble getting this to run satisfactorily on my old winXP rig. I'd like to see GoG release a version that would run well on win7.

It's not that great, but I remember it as being one of the better diablo clones and a game I was once excited to go back and replay but found It impossible because of technical issues.

Definitely worthy of GoGs attention!

Last edited:
Neat little game.

At the time, it was pretty cool - but couldn't quite measure up to the big D.

Sometimes, mis-reading results in funny mistakes :

will have you hacking through hordes of horrors with a 60% discount

So, horrors have a 60 % discount now ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom