Eador: Master of the Broken World - Expansion

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Snowbird Games announces a new update for Eador: Master of the Broken World, and gives information about a new expansion coming out next year. They even included a new screenshot.
Hello everyone,

As we didn’t post anything about Eador in this blog for quite a long time, we thought it’s time to share some news.

Firstly, we’re working on the next update, it’s almost complete now, and some of the most active users from our community will have a chance to test it in the beginning of the next week. This update will include not only bug fixes, but also some new features.

Secondly, a story expansion for the game is in the works. We’ll share the details about it after the New Year, so for now we’ll show a screenshot to get your attention.
More information.

Last edited:
Same here. I always thought that MotBW looked great, and I purchased it months ago as part of a Humble Bundle promotion. Unfortunately, it lies buried among dozens of other games in my backlog. :-/

It is not an expansion it is an update coming out soon. The expansion is not till much later next year from what I have read.

It is not an expansion it is an update coming out soon. The expansion is not till much later next year from what I have read.
Your right it's a new update, and a new expansion next year. A few months is not a long time to wait. Anyway I'm more interested in the expansion than the update.

I better change the wording so others don't get confused.:)

I would have loved it if not for the game breaking bug.

The mod New Horizons for the original Eador is fantastic give it a look. I play it all the time on custom maps because I think there can be a bug in the campaign. I am more of a custom map player and like the sandbox play compared to the campaign.

Here is a link.

http://eador.com/B2/viewtopic.php?t=2842

I would have loved it if not for the game breaking bug.

Which one??? I've played it for more than 200hrs without any gamebreaking bugs.

That said...an expansion? Noooo! I thought I was finally free...

Which one??? I've played it for more than 200hrs without any gamebreaking bugs.
I haven't seen any posts dealing with this problem so it could be something to do with my system but, during the battle, two hexagons on my side are dead. You can move a unit there but than you can't give them commands or move them out. If an enemy unit moves there it can't be killed and combat phase doesn't end. I have quit the game because my high level wizard hero got stuck there and he stays on this hex every time I enter combat. Can't make him change position despite trying to reduce his army to just him.

how is this game compared to master of magic? I haven't played a true successor yet.

I haven't seen any posts dealing with this problem so it could be something to do with my system but, during the battle, two hexagons on my side are dead. You can move a unit there but than you can't give them commands or move them out. If an enemy unit moves there it can't be killed and combat phase doesn't end. I have quit the game because my high level wizard hero got stuck there and he stays on this hex every time I enter combat. Can't make him change position despite trying to reduce his army to just him.

I haven't played in months but I remember reading something about this happening to some people. There was some condition for it to happen, though it never happened to me in my like 200+ hours campaign

I ran into a game breaking bug on my very first map (not counting the tutorial) where the game just didn't end despite the enemy being dead. That was only one or two patches into the game and there were still quite a few game breakers at that point. Most of them have been fixed by now though, although I still see a lot of non game breaking bug reports.

I still haven't gone back and played after quitting due to that first bug though, although I keep meaning to. It's not that it isn't a good game, it's just that I played the original Eador: Genesis, so I've already seen a lot of it. Plus as maps get longer it does get rather repetitive.

What I did love about the game was the campaign format. Going through various maps with increasing difficulty, unlocks, and a story was much more interesting then the usual 4x sandbox for me. I'd love to see another game do it, and maybe improve some of the balance and pacing a bit.

I ran into a game breaking bug on my very first map (not counting the tutorial) where the game just didn't end despite the enemy being dead. That was only one or two patches into the game and there were still quite a few game breakers at that point. Most of them have been fixed by now though, although I still see a lot of non game breaking bug reports.

I still haven't gone back and played after quitting due to that first bug though, although I keep meaning to. It's not that it isn't a good game, it's just that I played the original Eador: Genesis, so I've already seen a lot of it. Plus as maps get longer it does get rather repetitive.

What I did love about the game was the campaign format. Going through various maps with increasing difficulty, unlocks, and a story was much more interesting then the usual 4x sandbox for me. I'd love to see another game do it, and maybe improve some of the balance and pacing a bit.

Paradox is making what looks to be what you want. Warlock 2: The Exiled. Not much info yet.

Sounds promising. Warlock 1 was interesting, I never got that into it, but with a little more structure and a little less sandbox I probably would have liked it better.

Paradox is making what looks to be what you want. Warlock 2: The Exiled. Not much info yet.

Back
Top Bottom