Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Announcement Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A new trailer for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was released that gives a more detailed look at what the game is about, and how Jensen has changed since the first game.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided directly follows the aftermath of the Aug Incident, a day when mechanically augmented citizens all over the world were stripped of control over their minds and bodies, resulting in the deaths of millions of innocents. The year is now 2029, and the golden era of augmentations is over. Mechanically augmented humans have been deemed outcasts and segregated from the rest of society. Crime and acts of terror serve as a thin veil to cover up an overarching conspiracy aimed at controlling the future of mankind.
More information.

YES! I rarely get hyped, but HYPED! I adored DXHR, beating it four times with all achievements including all the DLC stuff. It is so rare for a developer to go back to a beloved franchise and totally deliver, but deliver it did. Brilliant game. Here's hoping for a brilliant sequel.

I just dont want to see another 'fall'. That game sorta hurt me a bit in terms of the story it wanted to present. to me Deus Ex has always had a rich tapestry to paint and the game is really our only way to visit it.

I definitely did ask for this.

It's too bad there is so much time between games. Or actually I am glad that they take their time to do it well.

I forgot to mention you can now pre-order the game on various sites.

Link - http://www.deusex.com/store/dx-md/game?

Also according to the pre-order sites it should be released December 2015, but I'm sure it will more than likely be sometime next year as it's just placeholder date.

Not a fan of the trailer, but I like what I'm hearing about the game.

Here's some info:

-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Listed as single-player, no mention of multiplayer
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
-With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
-Added a lot of diversity to the environments
-Females are also now part of the regular enemies in the game
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-It is nicknamed "Golem City", based on the real life Kowloon Walled City
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Mentions Jensen engaging in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
-Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consumed a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
-No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc
-Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
-Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc
-Focused on making A.I. more aggressive, flanking, etc
-Certain elements of the environment now react to combat

Here's some info:

Thank you for the info !

For me this is one of the finest trailers i've seen in a long time.

This looks nice, I hope my PC will be able to run it.

I just dont want to see another 'fall'. That game sorta hurt me a bit in terms of the story it wanted to present. to me Deus Ex has always had a rich tapestry to paint and the game is really our only way to visit it.

I still haven't played The Fall yet, but everything I've read about it tells me that I'm not missing anything.

I don't care when it'll be released, first have to check some more details but if they'll follow DX:HR footsteps it's instapreorder for me.

Square Enix is a tricky publisher. I either passionately hate or adore their games. There is no middle.
I still haven't played The Fall yet, but everything I've read about it tells me that I'm not missing anything.
Do not buy. Not now, not ever.
It's not a game, it's bullshit falsely advertised as a game.
I'm serious.

deus-ex-23b5u5g.gif

Also according to the pre-order sites it should be released December 2015, but I'm sure it will more than likely be sometime next year as it's just placeholder date.

The date is probably a placeholder and the game has been in the work for 2 years going by Jensen's voice actor, so another year is probably required to finish it up.

I always asked for this!

I'm a long time fan of the Deus Ex series and after the fail that was Invisible War, I was really rooting for Human Revolution and boy was I glad to play that spectacular game. What an amazing comeback of the franchise! I feared Deus Ex Universe was going to be a thing but fortunatelly I was wrong.

I love the Adam Jensen character and he looked even more awesome in the trailer. I know, I'm a fanboy..

I have some concerns though:
1) They could improve level design this time around, giving us more expansive and open ended maps and hubs to explore.
2) Additionally, they should allow all gameplay approaches to be awarded with the same amount of experience points. Fortunatelly, I always played Deus Ex games on full stealth, non lethal mode and really that's the most enjoyable to me, but I can see how action oriented playthroughs get discouraged and frowned upon by the devs.

Deus Ex' gameplay is all about freedom and the new installment will hopefully improve that aspect.

Other than that, I really think they hit the nail squarely. I can't ask for anything else.

Here's some info:

-Takes place in 2029, 2 years after Human Revolution
-Listed as single-player, no mention of multiplayer
-Jensen is part of a covert, goverment-sponsored task force called Task Force 29, a new bracnh of Interpol, to combat a new breed of terrorism
-Jensen doesn't full trust Task Force 29, also feeds intel to another covert organization called the Juggernaut Collective
-In true Deus Ex fashion, you often receive conflicting missions, neither can be fully trusted
-Boss encounters are designed in a way to allow players to approach any way they want (stealth, full combat, etc)
-Eidos won't comment on which ending it considers canon but is trying to string together different parts of each ending for the overall background of Mankind Divided
-Story is in many ways a story of redemption for Jensen
-The story they're telling is building to events that take place in the original Deus Ex
-With Mankind Divided, they're exploring the original game's past; "Is the depiction of past events from the original Deus Ex true? Will we discover stuff we never knew?"
-Added a lot of diversity to the environments
-Females are also now part of the regular enemies in the game
-One of Jensen's missions takes him to Utulek Station in Prague, now a ghetto for augmented individuals
-It is nicknamed "Golem City", based on the real life Kowloon Walled City
-Shops line the streets, temporary housing units stacked on one another reaching upwards toward the sky; claustrophobic atmosphere
-Mission to track down a leader of an aug group, but police have captured the informant
-Can choose to butter up the informant's wife for clues or cause a scene with the police
-Alternatively Jensen can bypass this area of the game altogether and find the leader's hideout on his own
-Mentions Jensen engaging in tense conversation with the leader, resulting in a diplomatic solution or violence
-Transhumans (augs) referred to as "clanks" by police
-"You can go full combat or full stealth throughout any part of the game"
-Side quests meant to be more meaningful; ex. players can choose to make deals with criminal organizations and its mob boss might call in a favor later interrupting main missions
-Doesn't want fetch quests, the team sees the extra quests as a way to explore the main themes of the game more deeply
-Features twice as many augmentations as Human Revolution
-Aug examples:
Tesla: little darts pop out of Jensen's knuckles allowing him to tag enemies and take them out quietly
Silent Run: Allows Jensen to move quickly across any floor without making a sound (can combine with cloaking)
C.A.S.I.E.: Allows Jensen to analyze the mental state of individuals, helping him to respond adequately in conversations
PEPS Gun: Non-lethal weapon that pops out of Jensen's bionic arm and fires a concussive blast allowing him to knock an enemy out, kill him or flee
-Augmentation features can be assigned on the d-pad for quick selection
-Augmentations consumed a fixed amount of energy, when Jensen stops using them he regains a portion of it
-Can still refill his augs completely with bio cells, Eidos wants the recharge mechanic to encourage using augs more liberally
-New remote hack augmentation allows Jensen to activate shortcuts through areas to pass enemies
-No plan for Human Revolution saves to carry over, but Eidos is planning for a franchise now, want to expand further after HR's success
-No plans for a Deus Ex MMO
-Eidos noted fans who played stealthily enjoyed the game more so spent several years iterating on gunplay
-Mankind Divided's moment-to-moment action plays out like a series of set-piece moments, a 'remarkable feat' considering nothing is scripted
-Jensen can adjust his weapons at any point mid-battle, changing ammo type, firing pattern, scopes, etc
-Some enemies have external tech like exoskeletons and mechs to combat Jensen
-Variety of enemies have a diversity of weapons, augments, or other high-tech combat tools, some have high-jump abilities, etc
-Focused on making A.I. more aggressive, flanking, etc
-Certain elements of the environment now react to combat

Thanks for the summary. Its more interesting than the trailer. :)

Small trivia. The part of the "city" shown in the video is inspired by this. Except that it is around somewhere in Prague according to the GI info.

The date is probably a placeholder and the game has been in the work for 2 years going by Jensen's voice actor, so another year is probably required to finish it up.
Small trivia. The part of the "city" shown in the video is inspired by this. Except that it is around somewhere in Prague according to the GI info.
Thanks for the links azarhal. I dont where you find them all the time.:handshake:

Anyway I did say probably sometime next year at the end of my reply, and I wouldn't mind if it was released this year as the developer seems to be in full PR mode already.

Thanks for the links azarhal. I dont where you find them all the time.:handshake:

A little everywhere (aka I'm not really productive at work lately).

A little everywhere (aka I'm not really productive at work lately).

I hope that your employer is not productive reader of RPG sites and forums. :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom