Dragon Age 2 - Demo Questions?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Funny. I also got this e-mail and for once actually read it. Did notice it said demo out now but I already pre-ordered the game and didn't care much for a demo. I guess I should have found it odd :)

Sorry but i've been following this thread on the Bioware forums and i can't remember reading that they've figured it out to be a scam, so i don't really know how you came to that conclusion.

I'm not saying there will be a demo but fact is that that image with the demo out now text originated on the EA servers, they then changed that image later on. I doubt someone would hack into EA servers just to fool us into believing there will be a demo. Probably someone at EA made a mistake and let the cat out of the bag too soon (or perhaps there won't be a demo at all).

Last edited:
The first link to EA newsletter goes to gamestar.de - but the text is in - Danish. I didn't see this at first, but after realizing this, I am also convinced that it is a -ahem- scam...

Maybe there will be a demo at some point, I mean Mass Effect 2 got one, as I recall...

The first link to EA newsletter goes to gamestar.de - but the text is in - Danish. I didn't see this at first, but after realizing this, I am also convinced that it is a -ahem- scam…

What? Gamestar ran a story about the possible demo and as evidence they attached the original image. The EA newsletter did not link to Gamestar, where did you get that?

And danish because the "demo out know" only appeared on EA's danish (and i think norvegian and finish) sites. Seems like the scandinavian branch of EA messed up.

Last edited:
You rushed over from the BioWare forums for that?

Look, the heading was more direct than intended and has since been amended - for that I apologise. I rushed the news run before heading to work. Had a reader not sent it in, I would have ignored the whole thing. However, the BioWare forums seem just as incapable of comprehension as you claim I am. Nowhere did I claim fact or inside information - I used "seems to" and "as best I can tell without reading it all" and linked directly to the thread.

The email was definitely real, not a hack/scam. I got it myself. Like Estel pointed out: Probably EA in Scandinavia that messed up.

The email was definitely real, not a hack/scam. I got it myself. Like Estel pointed out: Probably EA in Scandinavia that messed up.

I accept that. After 60 pages or so of the Bio forums, I didn't see anyone say they had received the email directly and personally. My fault I rushed a newsbit, and it's been amended. Hopefully, people can stop sending me ridiculous hate mail for a misunderstanding/error.

Page after page of buzzing on bioware social network. I understand people think of Dhruin as the authority who's to decide which of the buzzes buzzes best. I myself think he's pretty good. But hatemail when misreading thought for fact and inside information? Pronto, rush on to write him a nasty mail because Dhruin, apparently a God like figure, he knows the facts, he's always right, he may not be wrong and has to see it their %*&%$! way.

In a way it's a compliment, Dhruin.

Don't let it get to you. Today: over 100 pages of buzzing about a DA2 demo, that is definitely news*, and your thoughts about the news, even formed/expressed when in a rush, are definitely worthwhile. I, for one, like to read them.
Besides news is rarely static, things change as time progress, new information emerges. That's why reading comments, yours included, is useful.

* hey, of course I consider it news: I am the one who sent the link. :)

Last edited:
I'm interested to see the results.

What, if this is actually a scam ?

And there'll be no demo ?

How will the people react, then, towards the updated news bit ?

And ... what will the reactuions t the Bioware forums be, then ?

Of course, IF there's a demo soon, people will want m to shut up; it's because the just don't want to have to think about it if it was true, then ...

Would not be surprised if there's a demo soon. A demo is just another piece of marketing... and EA is allllll about marketing.

Would not be surprised if there's a demo soon. A demo is just another piece of marketing… and EA is allllll about marketing.

I wouldn't be surprised at a demo either, but EA would make sure everyone knew about it at least a week in advance. :)

Orgasm

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

I have been following that thread at bioware social network for a while. I'm at page 49 now.
Here's an update.

The announcement about the Closed Beta and the teaser trailer has also shown up at

http://twitter.com/da_legends
and
http://www.ea.com/dragon-age-legends/videos/legends-teaser-trailer
and
http://www.facebook.com/DragonAgeOrigins

Some in that thread are disappointed, some are sarcastic, some are critical, some are hopeful, and cling to a message like this one, from someone called woodsc24 on Dragon Age II Gamespot forum

Ok then.. I work for Gamestop and we just received an email giving us 10 keys stating they were for Dragon Age 2 PC demo which will be released on Feb 11th.. Good enough for you bucko?

So somewhere something is said about a demo and that creates 100+ pages of posts on the Bioware forums in no time about a demo that does not exist yet? This must be bigger news than what is happening in Egypt. There really are a lot of people out there with not much to do in real life I suppose.

I can't see what Dhruin did to deserve being sent hate mail. His newsbit is clear enough and I for one think no mistake has been made from his side.

Back
Top Bottom