Obsidian Entertainment - MCA Interview at Spanish Website El Pixel Illustre

aries100

SasqWatch
Spanish website El Pixel Illustre interviewed Chris Avellone about his career in general ranging from Planescape: Torment over Alpha Protocol to the dlc for Fallout: New Vegas and much much more. The interview is in English so that anyone that doesn't understands Spanish can enjoy the answers as well.

A quote about the games, MCA is most proud of:
-You’ve worked in quite a few games now. What project are you most proud of?

Planescape and the Fallout DLCs (Dead Money, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road) are the titles I’m most proud of – on all four, I was effectively Project Director and had the most freedom, so the fact that you own your mistakes as well as the praise generates a certain amount of pride.
And a Q&A about Alpha Protocol:
-Alpha Protocol is a clear example of a game that you can enjoy even more the second and third time you play because of all the different possibilities offered to the player. Strangely enough, not a lot of people seemed to appreciate that. Do you think the game has been treated fairly in general terms?

For the most part it was fair. Some of the press went for shock reviews, sure. Others I felt had appropriate scores and criticisms, and I don’t have any ill will about that – and I know a number of people played the game and enjoyed it for as many people disliked it. In fact, if I didn’t have Twitter and been able to follow the mentions of the game, I would have thought everybody hated it. In the end, we were trying some new design concepts as a studio, and I’m proud of what we did, some of which we’re carrying into future titles.
And a Q&A about Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration Project:
-Have you checked out the “Fallout 2 Restoration Project” patch? Are you happy with all the cut content finally seeing the light of day, or maybe you would have preferred it to remain unseen?

I have not, unfortunately, and if Killap was brave enough to try and resurrect any of that content, more power to him – we certainly couldn’t get to all of it, but I don’t think the game suffered from it (and we were still able to put parts of the Fallout 2 stuff in FNV and the DLCs, although it’s mutated quite a bit since when we first imagined it). I am glad that someone was able to make use of the editor we worked hard to get released a long time ago – I was worried no one would do anything with it.
More information.

It's probably just the translation that makes the last line of that question sound a little bit rude.

Back
Top Bottom