Weird Mouse Pointer Speed Problem

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I just recently started having a strange issue with my mouse pointer speed (the speed at which my mouse cursor moves across the screen as I move the mouse).

I turned on my PC yesterday and noticed my mouse pointer speed as unusually slow. I went into control panel and upped the speed a bit and all was good. But what I'm finding now is that every time I turn my computer off then back on again, the speed at which I set the mouse speed in control panel reverts back to it's prior (and slower) setting.

Adding to this is that every other user account on my PC does not have this issue, and oddly it's my account that is the sole Admin.

I'm using Win7 64bit. Anyone else ever had this issue and found a solution?

@zahratustra

Thank you for the link. Inexplicably, after many days of behaving badly, my mouse pointer speed setting finally 'stuck' between reboots and seems ok now.

I still have no idea why it stopped working for several days and then started working properly. Very bizzare. There were no changes to my PC hardware or software-wise during this time.

is it a wireless mouse?

perhaps it needs a new battery, or if it is a trackball, you can pop out the ball and clean the inside to remove dust.

is it a wireless mouse?

perhaps it needs a new battery, or if it is a trackball, you can pop out the ball and clean the inside to remove dust.

It is a wireless mouse (logitech G700). But this problem persisted even when I had it connected via the USB cable.

Back
Top Bottom