Star Wars: Battlefront

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is a Non-RPG E3 Trailer for a new Star Wars game.

EA labels boss Frank Gibeau came on stage at the EA press event to talk about Frostbite 3 and EA Sports Ignite to show games built on those engines. DICE game shown first. It’s an “all new blockbuster.” It was Battlefront, and a small glimpse was shown. A tease rather. It’s below.

We don’t have platform details as yet, but as EA said its conference was all about next-gen this year, you can probably lock in PS4 and Xbox One at the very least.

The DICE shooter is a successor to an almost legendary series; a third Battlefront game has been rumoured for donkey’s years, and is believed to have been initiated and cancelled at least once. That DICE is now working on the game is a result of a Star Wars licensing deal following Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm and LucasArts, which seems to have resulted in the cancellation of numerous in-house projects as well as third-party titles.

Last edited:
Interesting ... the other Battlefront games were fun but shallow, online-centric experiences. Right up EA's alley. Could be fun ... maybe.

The last ones were for consoles, so they were soon forgotten.
I still wonder whether this one will be made at all. :p

Interesting … the other Battlefront games were fun but shallow, online-centric experiences.

That's pretty much the perfect description for them. I had both, but I didn't play them long. The first game had two maps that I liked a lot though.. one that was patterned after the Battle of Hoth, and another that was patterned after the Battle of Geonosis.

I doubt I would purchase a new Battlefront game though...

I liked only Battlefront I, because I found the graphics of SWBF II horrible, to be frank.

The *only* think I really liked from SWBF II was the "inside of the starship battle", I still find it great !

There are quite a lot of nice custom maps for both games out there, my favourites are "Naboo : Encounter" and … Oh, well, I don't remember the others anymore, it's too long since I played them … Always the newest versions, of course, which can be tricky with some, because I don't remember anymore where I got them. Gametoast was once a good resource for that, it might still be, and of course this : http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/

Back
Top Bottom