Age of Decadence Updates

Damn, I just want PLAYABLE combat demo :\ I don't want to see next screens or read how cool the game is :|

At least this tells you it (the demo) is getting CLOSE!

Best sequence i've seen so far, love that dodge action!

Is the evasive melee action (dodge) automatic via skills or per the opponents skill level, or composite (stat difference)? - will the dodge always be there or can it be lost/lowered by any influence, fatigue? or even weapon type etc' ?

Your chance to dodge an attack = your Dodge skill (starting value is determined by your Dex) modified by armor/shield (heavy armor, large shields make it harder to dodge attacks) minus your opponent's skill with the equipped weapon modified by the attack type (some attacks have to-hit bonuses, some to-hit penalties), helmet/shield.

Thanks Vince, just one more for extra clarity. :)

I'm actually trying to visualise a thief character in that same vid' clip with opponent/s armed with spears, i'm assuming there would be some bias to apply eg: a skill such as say backstabbing with dagger would have to work at close range adjacent squares - so could a competent and probably lightly clad (low armour penalty?) thief, possibly outskill/outdodge a spear wielding opponent?

Depends on the skills. Both yours and your opponent(s). A novice thief (lightly armored knife fighter) fighting a master spearman will die very quickly. Similarly, a master thief can easily kill a novice spearman.

Someone with high Dex, high Dodge, good/high Dagger and Critical Strike skills, no/low penalty armor will be able to avoid most interrupt/opportunity attacks and quickly kill a slower, heavily armored opponent.

:riddick:

New portrait here. Vince says 36 portraits are almost done.

Also, the thread I linked to one post above is worth revisiting.

Heh, did you read the forums...some ansy costumers.....Vince is getting a bit touchy on it too.

Glad to see that Vince managed to get this out ...

Iron Tower are showing off AoD's text adventures over at the forums. You can find the thread here

Back
Top Bottom