Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1 - A Fluent Let's Play/Gameplay Demo

D

Deleted User

Hello everyone.
smiley-smile.gif

In this video, I take the quirky and fun JRPG, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1, for a spin! I show off the gameplay that you can expect to find in this game, and generally just have some fun with the game and play it for close to an hour.

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for tuning in! In today's video, I do a little "Let's Play" of the fascinating JRPG, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re; Birth 1!

In the video I show off a bit of the dialogue and story cutscenes, some combat, exploration, the world map and even a boss battle that goes horribly, horribly wrong! Watch and see! :)
Enjoy!
smiley-cool.gif

More information.

No one interested in this Let's Play? o_O

The first person to watch it and comment on it gets a free cookie! :lol:

Will do, Edgy! :party:

JDR, it's a game with cute anime girls and a colorful, cartoony world on the outside, but inside is a robust, tactical turn-based RPG. In other words, there's a lot more to this one than meets the eye! ;)

I watched the first video, and I might have picked up this game 4 years ago. It doesn't look bad, but with so many other RPGs I want to play or replay, I just don't think I have time for this game. I've still never played Final Fantasy 3, 4 or 8, and think I'd probably go with those games before this one.

I've still never played Final Fantasy 3, 4 or 8, and think I'd probably go with those games before this one.

I would say you should definitely play those as well, although 8 was a bit forgettable for me, but what this game has that those don't is the spoofed world of the video game industry, and a combat system that features a bit of strategic movement and bits of real-time control.

There's also a high level of humor and decades-worth of video game references packed into HNR;1. I've already seen funny references to Luigi (from Mario Bros.), the ghosts from Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man, the pixelated alien creatures from Space Invaders, nerdy kids with Gameboys in their pockets, etc. You can burn game discs in the game and equip them to give you special bonuses. Your super form is referred to as a CPU, and in order to activate it you have to turn on your HDD. The dialogue and story has endless little references related to the game industry and it's just a really quirky, unique adventure thus far.

Of course, the Final Fantasy games are true classics as well, and they have the classic fantasy thing going for them. But if you would like something more modern, with a really unique game world, similarly fully-featured and filled with a lot of funny and cute moments, you can't go wrong with this game. ^^

I've still never played Final Fantasy 3, 4 or 8, and think I'd probably go with those games before this one.

I think FF 4 is one of the best games in that series. I'd skip the PC version though as that's just a port of the Nintendo 3DS version. Track down a copy of FF Chronicles if you can. It also includes Chrono Trigger, and it's the best versions of those games imo.

I didn't like FF 8 at all.

FF 4 is an all-time great. Absolutely classic, so you should play it ASAP.

FF 8 was forgettable and a major disappointment to me after playing FF 7.

I played this game to the end (and then 2 and 3) in my PS3. I liked 1, but I liked 2 and 3 even more!

Awesome, wolfing. 2 and 3 should be releasing for the PC as well, so that's great. :nod:

I think FF 4 is one of the best games in that series. I'd skip the PC version though as that's just a port of the Nintendo 3DS version. Track down a copy of FF Chronicles if you can. It also includes Chrono Trigger, and it's the best versions of those games imo.

I didn't like FF 8 at all.

I'm stuck with the PC (no console, no game playing phone), so its PC FF4 or nothing for me. Aren't they making a version with new graphics?

Here is Episode 2 in the Let's Play. I will wrap up the whole thing with a 3rd and final episode later on. :)

Here is Episode 3, which I originally intended to end the series with, but things never go according to plan, do they? :)

For your viewing pleasure, Episode 4 is live!

I have some fun just killing stuff and collecting materials in this one, so I hope you enjoy!

Check it out if you'd like, and make sure to watch it in 1080p60 if you have a rig capable of doing so! =)

Last edited:
Hey folks!

I have finished my 5 episode Let's Play of this game for now, but I plan on playing more, so it's not really finished then, is it? :)

Check out Episode 5 as we finally take on Black Heart in a somewhat epic battle!

I have to say, I really enjoy this game because of its cuteness and liveliness. It's a lot of fun with great characters and a fun story. Recommended!

Back
Top Bottom