Something for MST3K fans

narpet

Sentinel
Hello all... I know there are at least a couple of you out there.

If you loved Mystery Science Theater 3000, Mike Nelson has something new for you. Go to www.rifftrax.com right now. RiffTrax is Mike's new project... he (and some MST alumni) basically riff on movies. You pay for (very cheap) and download the riff files, and then sync them with your DVD movie. What's great is that since they aren't actually providing the movie, they don't have to license it... this allows Mike to riff on more current movies like the Star Wars movies, The Matrix, LOTR movies, etc.

I downloaded the rifftrax for The Matrix last night and watched it, and it was great.

They also provide a free viewer that automatically syncs up the movie with the rifftrax... this forces you to watch your movie on your computer, but it's better than trying to sync up the rifftrax through an MP3 player with your DVD on your TV.

There are a pretty good selection of movies that have been riff'd, and that list will grow.

If you're a MST3K fan you will love it!

Loved MST3K when it was on Comedy Central. Thanks for the link, Narpet.

I saw that a few months ago. The two MST3K websites give all sorts of links for the crew is doing.

Apparently, Joel and his old crew are doing some riffs themselves once again asking the question: who's better Joel or Mike?

I'm for Mike.

Its a shame that they have to continue these projects sans robots. They certainly love doing these and its a fairly low cost time killer. Why another cable network can't pick this franchise up is beyond me. To get rights to these old, forgotten B-movies is not that difficult or expensive either. They are just sitting on the shelf waiting to be laughed at.

I too would love to see MST3K or something like it come back to Comedy Central or Sci-Fi channel.

As a FYI - I have all 11 seasons (but not season 0 - KTMA seasons) on DVD. If anyone is ever looking for a particular episode(s) just let me know. I can legally create you a copy of any episode that hasn't been released as a commercial product by RHINO or any other licensee. All I would ask for is that you cover the cost of the DVD and shipping. That's what the Mad's wanted us to do anyway... "keep circulating the tapes" :)

hmm..I saw a torrent of one or two Season 0's floating around. IIRC S01E01 has a sskit of the Mads actually kidnapping Joel. Or was that from Season 0?

Back
Top Bottom