Diablo 3 - RMAH Hits Europe on Friday

Another chance for fanatic gamers to make a living . Thats good. Its sad that I hate the game and can't participate

If the game wasn't so boring to me now, I'd be there trying to farm a bit for kicks.

I don't expect it to fail - I expect it to take off in a way that will catch most people by surprise. But ultimately, the game needs to improve quite a bit to last long-term.

Oh, I have no doubt that people will be trying to generate a profit from the RMAH for many years, but the game in itself is not perpetually interesting enough to maintain high value for items.

But, if they manage to "fix" it - it just might explode.

I do wonder if any Europeans will actually partiipate there ? (Says the inner Cynic in me.) You know, the Euro crisis and such …

Of course they will.

This is an opportunity to make money playing a computer game - with absolutely no effort involved.

If you combine that with human nature, the result should be obvious.

I guess that some people will at least try to get their money they've spent for the game back this way.

The "result" would be a win-win situation :

- Win - for the customer, for he or she can make profit this way
- Win - for ActiBlizzard - because of the fees.

What I fear is the long-term bonding of people. I mean within the next 10-20 years or so. It looks to me like ... Brand name bonding gone loose ...

I am not playing diablo III nor planing to ever start so can someone who does play can satisfy my curiosity:
how much real money are people actually willing to pay for items?

If the game wasn't so boring to me now, I'd be there trying to farm a bit for kicks.

I don't expect it to fail - I expect it to take off in a way that will catch most people by surprise. But ultimately, the game needs to improve quite a bit to last long-term.

Oh, I have no doubt that people will be trying to generate a profit from the RMAH for many years, but the game in itself is not perpetually interesting enough to maintain high value for items.

But, if they manage to "fix" it - it just might explode.
This is how I feel about DIII and the whole RMAH as well.

Itemization and progress reminds me of WoW's(loot is determined by which tier you have progressed to)and is terrible for a Diablo game in general.Needs lot's of work.Not to mention "legendary" items are a complete and utter joke.

The game also feels… lifeless, I just miss the way trade(and grouping in general)worked in DII, you had to spam offers, open game rooms etc. now everything is so convenient and neat, I guess most people will disagree with me though.At least the RMAH looks interesting, we'll see how that goes.I am actually looking forward to making some cash from that, now with the crisis and all. :p

Then there's the story, that's FUBAR.I also hated how the 'villains' described every little thing they did to you, twas hilarious and facepalm-worthy.Perhaps if someone else gets his hands on the story - in a future expansion.. maybe just maybe something can be saved.Oh and the atmosphere for me just died after the first act, feels like there was no work done to immerse the player in the world past that point.

Anyway!I am pretty much done with the game, will give it another chance after one or two major patches.

Still can't convince myself to get this game... not with so many other unplayed games--and the font is too damn small! I never was a huge Diablo fanatic...

I don't think I understand what you're saying.

Is that surprising? ;)

To me that's normal ! :lol:

In fact I have had this problem since elementary school : The other kids could not understand why I wanted to do a small "dinosaur exhibition" in our classrooom … Needless to say that some of the name plates for some of the fossils were exchanged by some other class members …

I'm kind of infamous for the way I'm thinking - which is usually around several edges - which is why I hardly ever find people reall understanding me …

In short : I'm thinking just too complex. I always did. Look into my thread "A Thought" for proof. ;)

I guess that some people will at least try to get their money they've spent for the game back this way.

The "result" would be a win-win situation :

- Win - for the customer, for he or she can make profit this way
- Win - for ActiBlizzard - because of the fees.

Dont forget

-win for the customer who wants to buy her way through a game. They are needed for the other twos to be.

In short : I'm thinking just too complex. I always did. Look into my thread "A Thought" for proof. ;)

Welcome to my world. You're probably just attacking problems from twenty different angles at the same time, like me... never really getting closer to the core of it, but only expanding until it gets completely unmanageable and gets out of hand. Or with every step, you branch into more nodes of possible problems and/or solutions until there is no clear view anymore.

The trick is to force your way to the solution and ignoring those nagging thoughts that drag you away from the goal. It's incredibly difficult and feels wrong, but for someone like me, sometimes it's better to plough ahead and clean up the mess later than it is to keep banging your head at an increasingly growing wall of potential bumps in the road.

Thank you. ;)
I really appreciate what you have written.
However, I also try to get "earthed" by forcing myself to think practically.
Often this works, but not always. ;)
I guess I've become too much of an Philosopher nowadays. ;)

A really strange ability of mine I still don't quite understand is my ability to see patterns. I compare two things and - I see patterns.
In behaviour, for example. In society. In economy.
I do it intuitively, without thinking. It's just there. I just don't understand why.
I guess this is a tiny bit of how the minds of so-called "[intellectual] gifted ones" work.

Some fitting quotes from the linked article, explaining me to some extend :

Intellectual giftedness is an intellectual ability significantly higher than average. It is different from a skill, in that skills are learned or acquired behaviors. Like a talent, intellectual giftedness is usually believed to be an innate, personal aptitude for intellectual activities that cannot be acquired through personal effort.

Gifted children may develop asynchronously: their minds are often ahead of their physical growth, and specific cognitive and emotional functions are often developed differently (or to differing extents) at different stages of development.

Giftedness is frequently not evenly distributed throughout all intellectual spheres; an individual may excel in solving logic problems and yet be a poor speller; another gifted individual may be able to read and write at a far above average level and yet have trouble with mathematics. It is possible there are different types of giftedness with their own unique features, just as there are different types of developmental delay.

The term twice exceptional was coined by James J. Gallagher to denote students who are both gifted and have disabilities.[25][26] People have known about twice exceptional students for thirty years; however, identification and program strategies remain ambiguous.[27] These students need remediation for their learning deficits and enhancement for their strengths to achieve.[27] Twice exceptional students are considered at risk because they are hidden within the general population of their educational environment, and usually viewed as either under-achievers or average learners.[27][28]

Well, it's all about what you think is most important.

To speak or to be understood.

To me, this sounds as if I'm only understood when I'm silent ? :lol:

To me, this sounds as if I'm only understood when I'm silent ? :lol:

It's the old saying Should Be Seen And Not Heard.:lol:Usually used with children.

Back
Top Bottom