Cyberpunk 2077 - Interview @ Polygon

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Polygon took the time to post a short interview with Rafal Jaki the Business Development Manager at CD Projekt Red.

While The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt continues development at CD Projekt Red, a second team has been methodically working on their next big game: Cyberpunk 2077.

"It is going really, really well and the team is growing and the development... well, I don't want to brag or anything, but really the stuff they've come up with is mind-blowing," said Rafal Jaki, business development manager at CD Projekt Red told Polygon at New York Comic Con.

The company, and Jaki, remain tight-lipped about exactly how they're bringing the storied table-top role-playing game to video games, but Jaki reiterated that it was coming to PC for sure and most likely next-gen consoles.

"It most probably will be," he said, "but we can't confirm or deny because it's too early for that."

What Jaki could talk about was the growing team at CD Projekt Red that is sprouting up to support the developer's two titles.

There are 210 people working at the developer right now split into three groups.

The red team, which is more than 100 people, is dedicated to development on The Witcher 3. The black team, which is smaller than the red team, is dedicated to work on Cyberpunk. And a third "sizable" team spends its time working on the game engine that is being used for both games.
More information.

Well, working on the next gen console isn't nearly as horrible as telling us it will work on current gen. Still, I worry about weak control schemes where "E" is used to do practically everything other than move.

No, I want to loot the body, not pick throw away my gun to pick up his gun.
No, now I want to pick up my old gun, but thanks for looting the body.
No, I want to pick up my old gun, not the other gun that my old gun fell on... oh forget it, I'll just use what I got.

Well, working on the next gen console isn't nearly as horrible as telling us it will work on current gen. Still, I worry about weak control schemes where "E" is used to do practically everything other than move.

No, I want to loot the body, not pick throw away my gun to pick up his gun.
No, now I want to pick up my old gun, but thanks for looting the body.
No, I want to pick up my old gun, not the other gun that my old gun fell on… oh forget it, I'll just use what I got.

I remember playing that game!

Wall of text for this?

Nah, I can't say much beyond the fact that I'm looking forward to this with great anticipation :)

Back
Top Bottom