Satellite Reign - Alpha 0.6 and New District Added

Aubrielle

Noveliste
This landmark update has moved Satellite Reign from Unity 4 to Unity 5 and added the brand new Grid District. The game is starting to look nice.

ss_514f055eafb5c5f0b19f83e22d89977cd6c5852c.1920x1080.jpg

We've finally reached our internal alpha milestone. This means all of the game's features are implemented and functional. Additionally, we've unlocked the next district for you to explore! It's time to head into The Grid, home of The Eternals faction.

With this update, we've also transitioned to the latest version of Unity - Unity 5. We weren't originally intending to move over to Unity 5, especially not so late into development, but Unity 5 had features which ended up being essential for being able to handle the scale of Satellite Reign's city.

Please note that this is a Windows-only release. Sit tight, a couple of small Mac/Linux issues need to be ironed out, and then they will be updated shortly.

There are countless changes in this build, but some of the more substantial changes are listed below:

The Grid District
The Grid is the home of The Eternals, an organisation fixated on moving humanity forward through body augmentation, replacing their mortal flesh with machines.

The Grid is clean, wealthy and futuristic, setting itself apart from the rest of the city.

UI Improvements
Lots of improvements have made their way into the UI system.

• Agents now have unique portraits.
  • New Agent clone screen.
  • Front-end menus.
  • Mission debriefs.

Unity 5
We now have access to the latest and greatest Unity has to offer. This brings the latest version of PhysX for improved physics performance, much improved profiling tools (to help Mike more efficiently squash bugs and performance hogs), improved CPU usage, and much more.

Lots of these new features won't be immediately visible, but they will help us deliver a higher quality final version of Satellite Reign.

New Abilities and Items
We've added new abilities and items, as well as improved those which were already existing.

You can now outfit your agents with drones, smoke grenades, sound-dampening grenades, shield boosters, and more.

There are also new tactical opportunities with stealth-kills. Get up close behind unsuspecting enemies, and get a headshot for an instant kill. Please note that while this feature is working, it will be undergoing some design iterations soon to improve usability.

Balancing Changes
This version includes balancing changes to almost all aspects of the game, including money, experience, health, armour, and more. There's still much more balancing to go, but it is closer to what you can expect to see in the final release.
More information.

More information.

Damn, I love the look of this game. Can't wait to go wander its streets. Always wanted to live in a city that looks like that, but with less guns and mayhem. :)

I'd probably go downtown more often.

Looking forward to this one, I've got the EA installed but I don't want to ruin the final experience so I've only tried it for about 15 mins.

All the screenshots and videos I've seen so far make this game looks absolutely gorgeous. The lighting and weather effects give that real urban cyber punk look. Hope the gameplay is given as much love.

Back
Top Bottom