Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Here are the facts:
  • Well known Belgian developer
  • Platforms: PC & XBox360
  • Release date: tba
  • Budget: at least a million
  • More details in a few weeks
Anybody want to take a guess? ;)More information.

I knew it was an easy one. :D

dtp did not officially confirm it though.

That could explain why some of dtp's team "left", among them "dtp Olli", he was responsible for PR for Drakensang as far as I know (and now "dtp Betty" has taken over the job).

What do you mean? They all went to the two new publishers in Hamburg.

"Budget: at least a million"

Huh? A million what? I hope it's some strange alien currency that's much higher than dollar or euro, because in western europe a modern PC/360 game costs way more than that to develop. At our company we budget between 7-9M euro for a multi-platform AAA title. It can maybe be done cheaper, but a single million euro won't get you far...

or its the signal of a huge cost saving middle-ware engine that is second to none in comparison to other, current systems, returning a marketing bonanza and huge windfalls for the company.

dtp stressed this because their bread & butter games are very cheap. A typical horse game for little girls typically costs ca. 250k, a normal adventure ca. 500k. Both per platform. Their RPGs are more expensive.
Radon Labs´ boss monster said in a GCDC talk that their publisher demanded a AAA RPG for 1M "- absolutely impossible!". Seems they´ve found a compromise.

At which company do you work, Kasper? D....... G.... ?

A lot of people went to Dtpaedalic, at least one became head of producing or so at HMH, a part of the Langenscheid Group.

At which company do you work, Kasper? D....... G.... ?

Yes, I currently work for DG. And you're right - mini-games and adventures can be done fairly cheap, but as soon as you into 3d the costs just sky-rocket. Add to that the massive worlds with tons of unique content that are currently expected from RPGs and you got yourself one expensive production :) Luckily for us (speaking as a consumer) we still have eastern europe (and other places in the world) where expenses are still low enough to permit large RPG attempts from smaller and maybe in-experienced teams :)

Well, welcome then in this little shark basin of RPG fanatics! :biggrin:

Heaven help, what or who is DG?
I´m not in the fortunate position like perhaps most RPGWatch staff of being able to name every Publisher/Dev up and down the A-list as if they´d be mowing my lawn behind my villa all days (not that i have a lawn, let alone a villa! :evilgrin: ).

Anway, coming back on eastern europe devs, i wish CD Project all the best for "The Witcher". Theirs sounds like a unique RPG setting again after PB´s "Gothic I" and is backed by what looks as a nice peace of literature from over there.
I even first was put off a bit by the sinister atmosphere they seemed out for to create, as those dark RPGs are usually not mine. I need little lighter touch, especially in the environments/visuals.

But then again i had actually even hoped for them to pull through the monochrome look of their first screens, videos, making ofs and the teaser website.
Would have made it a bit like what "Sin City" was in the movie world - a true piece of art brought to the screen.
So finding more of the later shots rather in green grass nature and clear blue skies and with normal citizens walking around easily in clean and shiny standard medival villages was rather already a disappointment again. ;)

Ragon, the Witcher
:cool:

Heaven help, what or who is DG?

I had to google it as well :) . Entered "danish game developer" as a search term and found Deadline Games so unless there is another company that goes by the DG acronym then that's probably it. Right, Kasper? Did we track you down? Afraid of stalking? Hm? Are we? Scared yet? Ya should be! :biggrin:

Just that no one will recognize it
- because the first dozen delays or so will come as delays of announcing the game in the first place!
:biggrin: :evilgrin: :biggrin:

I had to google it as well :) . Entered "danish game developer" as a search term and found Deadline Games so unless there is another company that goes by the DG acronym then that's probably it. Right, Kasper? Did we track you down? Afraid of stalking? Hm? Are we? Scared yet? Ya should be! :biggrin:

He heh.. you caught me :)

@Korplem:

No, neither have I :( Unfortunately it just didn't work out for us this time... maybe in a few years we'll have more luck (and maybe even be better prepared for the task at hand).

Via the Larian forum (someone posted it there) :
It could be that there actually is another RPG being developed :
http://www.10tacle.de/index.php?id=298&L=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=376&tx_ttnews[backPid]=251&cHash=3a811839dd

(Sorry, you've got to copy & paste the URL, the forum software seems to distort it.)

Back
Top Bottom