Dungeon Lords - Orb and the Oracle Screens @ GameBanshee

So beautiful...

Patient Embolus; good things come to those who wait.

Looks good - but I wonder if they hired folks to clean up the absolute disaster that the codebase supposedly was ... apparently that was the main reason we got so few changes per patch and they took so long: major spaghetti!

OMG! Looks like he found a way to flatten the hills in the water! It just won't be DL to me without them.... :lol:

A few obs:
- Looks like they kept the same engine, but updated it with some O/2W-type shine
- Creature design still looks strong. :)
- What's with the really poor draw distance/detail in the third one?

I wonder who is the developer.. Does Jowood have an internal dev team?

Hopefully the fog won't really be that noticeable...unless it's foggy of course. One thing I liked about Oblivion was that you could actually see distant terrain. The trees (even at intermediate distance) look like rather poor billboards. Of course, I'm sure this is all moot since the game graphics will probably change quite a lot before the final release. I actually finished DL - I was disappointed (given all the hype) but I think I was lucky and picked up a copy after the initial round of bugs had been addressed. Not sure I'd have the will to soldier through something that's similar (again).

Looks good - but I wonder if they hired folks to clean up the absolute disaster that the codebase supposedly was ... apparently that was the main reason we got so few changes per patch and they took so long: major spaghetti!
From what I read eash patch required a full rebuild of the engine and the game data AFAIK.

Also from what I've read the engine used in DL was the same engine from W&W with some "updates".

I'd guess that they'd probably use a new engine, maybe one that the parent company has already licensed or a brand new one so that they wouldn't have to waste too much time on the engine, other than hopefully, unlike Bethesda, they are able to and actually do optimize it for their game.

I still really like the idea of multiple-classes and the ability to actually create a char for an ARPG unlike what most of them do, giving you a few basic templates with rigidly fixed skill trees, and am looking forward to a more fully populated non-dungeon world, more main quest and side quests, and hopefully, as good "dungeons". The combat system in DL was also more fun than what we usually get in ARPGs which tend to be fairly automated once a mob is targetted, or merely cclick spamming.

I wonder who is the developer.. Does Jowood have an internal dev team?
After the latest PRs I have the impression Bradley´s team is working on it.

JoWooD has an internal team, in Romania I guess. It seems they´re working on the G3 add-on, but that´s unconfirmed.

Back
Top Bottom