Dragon Age 2 - 8 Reasons Why It's Good

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well it's Sunday so here is another news-bit to waste time that lists," 8 Reasons Why Dragon Age 2 is Way Better Than You Remember", from twinfinite.

A few years have gone by and Dragon Age 2 is still considered a lesser entry in the series. With Dragon Age Inquisition around the corner, it’s a great time to go back to the conflict-filled streets of Kirkwall and freshen our memories of what the second Dragon Age game was all about.

To cut a long story short, it’s an awesome game and has aged very well. If you are still unconvinced, here are some reasons why you should replay this game that perfectly fits Bioware’s RPG bible. (If you haven’t played Dragon Age 2, be warned that this article contains spoilers.)
More information.

Not only is it a junk article, the site itself is garbage.

I despise sites that spread articles over 8-9 pages and force you to click through 1 paragraph at a time.

Finally came around to playing it.
(after ragequiting 3 hour in on my first attempt)

Skill tree is rather good, like the fact that it is not the usual CHOSEN one.
Some of the companions are interesting.

but the male PC voice is a dork (cant play female)
and the copy paste of the environments gets dull after awhile.
and we better not mention paradropping enemies...

OT, I have to agree with JDR13, stupid format for article

C

There should be a sequel to this article and it should be called "Dragon Age 2 - 888 Reasons why it sucks". It would require at least 889 pages so it may actually happen.

Quote from the site:
"Yeah, I just played it for the first time a few weeks ago. Loved Origins, did not so much care for DA2. The story was good, the cinematics and writing was ok, but just about everything else was wretched. It was kind of like this:

Story!
Walk around reused environment
Red dots! Push X a lot!
More red dots from sky! Push X more!
Gather crap - sell crap....who cares what it is.
Arrive at checkpoint
Story!
Walk around reused environment
Red dots! Push X a lot!
Gather crap - sell crap....who cares what it is.
Arrive at checkpoint

Story!

Repeat over and over until credits. I would rather the game work like an interactive movie, because it was a heck of a chore to get through."

DA2 was doubtless a huge downgrade in regards of DA:O
And yet BEA (BEA stands for BioEA) showed that game down the peoples throat.

Absolutely hated the demo, then watched a few let's plays to see more and felt no desire to ever play it. In fact, it felt like all of my "EA will destroy Bioware" nightmares come to fruition. Still does, and is the primary reason why I just can't get excited for Inquisition. I hope DA:I is good… cause I could use a great Bioware RPG in my life, but don't trust that EA logo on there…

It was an average to decent game with some pretty good elements. A lot of the reasons listed for hating the game seem of trivial importance to me, so I don't buy into the negativity. If somebody hasn't played the game yet, I'd suggest buying it on sale, give it a fair chance, and make up your own mind. You might even enjoy it.

I really enjoyed the game even with all the negative reactions to it straight after it launched. I think that the story telling of Bioware is great and that this is the defining feature for DA2 as well. The negatives as most people see them didn't bother me that much and I do agree with this article (stupid format) about the strong points. Tactically I liked DA:O better so I'm hoping DA:I will be the hybrid between these two games :)

No times 8. Something time passing DOESN'T make one forget what a crappy game this was. Way to kill the series, although the Origin platform kinda did that job already. Hail EA/ Origin, full of fail, thanks for saving me mucho money for the rest of my gaming life.

Never played DAII, and afaik will have absolutely no interest, ever.

Well reading the article & replies makes me want to replay the game. Seriously guys Dragon Age 2 is not the worst RPG game to be released in the last ten years.

Like rjshae above said the game is average, and all I see again is negative nancy's. This seems to happen whenever I post about modern Bioware games.:)

Not the worse in ten years? Perhaps not, but I'd slap a title of most potential goodness followed by the title of hugest letdown in almost...ever, at least in gaming terms. What this could have been, should have been, is completely lost by what it turned out to be. There are a few games that deserve to be mentioned often because of just what huge fails they were, this and massive fail 3 are tops on my list.

Well reading the article & replies makes me want to replay the game. Seriously guys Dragon Age 2 is not the worst RPG game to be released in the last ten years.

Like rjshae above said the game is average, and all I see again is negative nancy's. This seems to happen whenever I post about modern Bioware games.:)

It's probably because Bioware used to do a lot better - and that makes people sad to think about.

It's not really rocket science.

Sorry, Couch but regardless of whether game is the worst you've played or not is irrelevant. You don't want to eat food that tasted bad again just because its not the worst you've had, I think its same with the game ;)

It's not really rocket science.
Oh it is Dart because it's amusing to read the hundredth post from the same members with the same complaints over, and over again. It's quite hilarious actually.:lol:

It seems Bioware personally did something to destroy each of their lives. I'm thinking of making a new video about the effect of Bioware games on the gaming community.

Oh well to each his own as the saying goes.:)

Attachments

• 114230.jpg
    114230.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I think Purple kind of nailed it, in a way that should be quite clear to anyone. It's like eating mud, one person out of a hundred might enjoy it, even love it, but the other ninety nine simply don't care about it. Oh, and if you remind them about it, they just might re-inform you.

Perhaps not, but I'd slap a title of most potential goodness followed by the title of hugest letdown in almost…ever, at least in gaming terms. What this could have been, should have been, is completely lost by what it turned out to be.

Yes, well expectations probably explain much of the negativity. Once you go into the game without that mental filter and accept it on its own terms, the game is average to decent. No it's not as good as DA:O, but then I seem to recall that the latter game also received a certain amount of negative reception.

Back
Top Bottom