Grimoire - Crowdfunding campaign at indiegogo

4. He said that it cost him 250k to make the game, but hasn't detailed what he means by it. If I counted the man-days I put into things at the rate I'm charged by my firm then that's easy to do. If I'm talking about actual money put into the project, that's entirely different.

From what I've understood, he's at least paid for the art and sound.

I hope you enjoyed throwing your money away.

We crpg entusiasts on the 'Watch, the 'Codex, NMA … have to support programmers like Cleve - this is the only way our niche hobby (hardcore crpgs) will survive.
I have supported a lot of indie projects in the past, some were good, some were bad, some games I closed after 5 minutes of playtime, some were never released.
I will continue to support my game genre as long I have enough spare money for this.

No Risk -> No Fun!

We crpg entusiasts on the 'Watch, the 'Codex, NMA … have to support programmers like Cleve - this is the only way our niche hobby (hardcore crpgs) will survive.
I have supported a lot of indie projects in the past, some were good, some were bad, some games I closed after 5 minutes of playtime, some were never released.
I will continue to support my game genre as long I have enough spare money for this.

No Risk -> No Fun!

I will support him with my purchase if he releases the game. With Kickstarter money I prefer to support projects that actually need funding to be made in the first place.

I support what I deem worthy of support. It's an incredibly simple approach - and I think it would work well if everyone followed it. Of course, people would need to spend some time thinking and analysing something before supporting it - and that's kinda the reason we see a major shit to quality ratio in the entertainment industry.

Just to give you guys a heads up Cleve is going berserk on the Shaker Kickstarter page. Guy is always good for some laughs.

Well, I never followed Cleve or any of his comments - but that was enough to convince me I have no interest in supporting anything he does.

Wow! That's pretty ballsy to promote Grimoire on their kick starter and trashing them at the same time.

It's exactly what a madman would do, and Cleve is that madman *Grimoire campaign soundtrack*

It's also really bad style imho, and I wish he wouldn't do it. Even though I agree with most of his criticism (haven't read all of it).

What the fuck!!?? This guy is such a worthless jackass. What kind of a lunatic does something this tactless? Only an utter imbecile would back Grimoire at this point. I would love to see the "Cleve apologists" in this thread try to justify this one…

You know what's really funny? Your irrational need to defend a complete and utter jackass.

There is no doubt that the Shaker kickstarter is a train wreck, but I don't see the people here "backing" it just to post some insulting comments.

You know what's really funny? Your irrational need to defend a complete and utter jackass.

There is no doubt that the Shaker kickstarter is a train wreck, but I don't see the people here "backing" it just to post some insulting comments.

You miss the part where I said I don't agree with him? I'm laughing at the hypocrisy of people:) I back shacker btw. I'm no where defending his actions, you are frothing at the mouth a bit though.

You know whats funny?
Rather childishly speaking, your debating situation.
Since you´re pretty vocal supporter of both Shaker and Cleveland M. Blakemore, I have to say I´m quite looking forward to developments you´ll come with in your posts :).

Back
Top Bottom