Kickstarter - RPG Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here are a few more RPG kickstaters a few you might find interesting. These are usually ones I wont cover with every update. So take a look or not it's your choice.

The Diviner

A text-based single-player roleplaying video game with dynamic storytelling and gorgeous illustrations, where every line carries weight
Astrobase Command

A sandbox base-building RPG in a low-tech science fiction universe. Explore the stars with the computing power of the Atari Age.
Festival of Magic

Festival of Magic is an original adventure role-playing game where the players must fight and farm their way to glory.
Windforge

CONTRA meets MINECRAFT in a building-block RPG! Explore an ever-changing steampunk world featuring Airships & Sky Whales.
More information.

Last edited:
1. Smells like a phonegame - not interested.
2. No story game? No brainfood, just clickfest? Bah.
3. Cute and looks somewhat like modernized Septerra Core. Instapledged (KS seed).
4. My horoscope is Virgo and subsign is Cancer, means earth+water. I have no interest in games about air, if I did, I'd buy all those petty plain simulators.

EDIT:
Oh and… If #3 devs will ever read this… Mentioning Hogworld in the project site IMO is a huge minus. Luckily, the rest of the presentation was good enough to make me open the wallet.

Last edited:
I love these kind of articles, especially since RPS no longer does them.

Festival of Magic looks interesting though I expect the art style will turn some people off (I like it, cartoony graphics seems to age better).

Already backed Astrobase Command.

Was going to back Festival of Magic, but then saw the early bird level was all gone.

Oh and… If #3 devs will ever read this… Mentioning Hogworld in the project site IMO is a huge minus. Luckily, the rest of the presentation was good enough to make me open the wallet.

We did. :)
The easy answer is that it's the honest history we have. We wish we could brag about having made a super awesome RPG, but we haven't.

Was going to back Festival of Magic, but then saw the early bird level was all gone.

We have made a not-so-early-bird level that still has a $5 discount if that motivates you. Please remember that you are pledging to support the development and not really preordering.

I didn't see an rpg in the whole list. A better title would be "Games that claim to have at least one rpg-like element so that they can have some buzz roundup" but I guess that'd make a really long title :D

Totally tongue in cheek, because couch does a great job here:

I'm sure we'll get news on the new kickstarter that came out today. A guy walks into a room and farts into a microphone in the video. Couch calls it a roleplaying game and posts the news because the guy is playing the role of someone who has gas. There is no exploration, character creation, skills, attributes, stats, combat, magic, but hey he was playing a role.

Totally tongue in cheek, because couch does a great job here:

I'm sure we'll get news on the new kickstarter that came out today. A guy walks into a room and farts into a microphone in the video. Couch calls it a roleplaying game and posts the news because the guy is playing the role of someone who has gas. There is no exploration, character creation, skills, attributes, stats, combat, magic, but hey he was playing a role.
Well I found it funny and had a laugh.;) I'm sorry I still can't offer you the CRPG filter you want so desperately. Never the less keep em coming as I don't mind.:)

We did. :)
The easy answer is that it's the honest history we have. We wish we could brag about having made a super awesome RPG, but we haven't.
Hopefully this one will be super awsome. ;)

1. Smells like a phonegame - not interested.
2. No story game? No brainfood, just clickfest? Bah.
3. Cute and looks somewhat like modernized Septerra Core. Instapledged (KS seed).
4. My horoscope is Virgo and subsign is Cancer, means earth+water. I have no interest in games about air, if I did, I'd buy all those petty plain simulators.

EDIT:

Why don't you just cut and paste all your crap and reuse it?

Why don't you visit a shrink. Not today.
Yesterday.

Received an e-mail from the project I've backed, Festival of Magic. There is demo available to download for Windows, MAC and Linux.

Back
Top Bottom