Sacred 2 - Tips?

How do you use the quick save in Sacred 2? I'm playing on the PC, if that makes a difference. Enjoying the game so far, about level 8, one thing I find is that there seems to be a lot of respawn….does that happen throughout the entire game?

-Carn

I think that default key is F12 in original and F9 in expansion you can check it in controls menu.Enemies do respawn but it's not big problem since it game doesn't have lot of backtracking since you can teleport to active rez point or any active portal just by clicking it on map.

there's a quick save, but not a quick load option? Kinda missing that one, lol.

Yeah, the respawns are totally off the chain in this game.

Yeah, there are fast respawns in Sacred 2. It works well for that type of game though. You're never too far away from slaying enemies and gaining EXP and what not.

Hmm the Steam sale ends tomorrow - I'm seriously tempted to grab Sacred 2, based on reading this thread. I tried the demo years ago but my computer couldn't handle it. I've upgraded considerably since then. Lots of exploration and character building options sounds great to me.

I'm also a big fan of Blind Guardian - I hear they make a cameo appearance in this game.

They do, in fact there's a quest chain around the band. I would reveal more, but let's just leave it at that. It's pretty cool.

Nice, well I now have Sacred 2 Gold and also picked up Sacred 1 Gold for completeness sake (it was only $1.99 how could I resist?).

Will take a while to download Sacred 2 but hopefully I get to play it some tonight.

Enjoy, it's a really fun game. Especially if you like endless character customization.

This game gives you serious bang for your buck. 6 unique classes, a bunch of skills, endless loot, 22 square miles of land to explore, 600 quests. It's almost too good to be true.

Also really looking forward to Sacred 3 which is coming out this year. Long live Sacred.

One of the best (and unique) things about the Sacred games, is the mount system. That alone is something that Diablo and other action-rpgs have totally turned a blind eye to. Give people mounts so they can travel faster, avoid mobs if wanted, attack from their mounts, use them as backpacks, etc. It's a no-brainer, in a fantasy game mounts are always a good thing.

While the mounts in Sacred were handy, the variety of mounts in Sacred 2 are where it's at. You have special mounts exclusive to the individual classes, and standard horses (tho they are anything but "standard" in their abilities)The class mount is a giant monitor lizard for the Druid, and that's both cool thematically and because combat abilities, spell, and what have you can be used while mounted, unlike on horseback. However, on my "Charger" horse, I can attack but cannot use buffs or combat abilities, but the horse itself has certain abilities. Charge (runs fools over), can rear up and kick enemies (decent damage), and can leap over obstacles. Control of the horses are decent as well.

I thought I'd find myself only using my class mount, but they make the standard horses viable options too, which adds a fun dimension to the relatively shallow gameplay options arpgs generally provide.

I agree. Mounts are awesome in Sacred 2.

First of all, they are just flat out cool. I'm a Seraphim riding on a Sabretooth Tiger. Bad-ass. My dad has a Hellhound which is like some Orcish beast or something that hops around like a frog. Then the other classes get cool mounts like Monitor Lizard, Wind Serpent, Spider. I love the mounts.

I do wish the special mounts had some abilities, though. I would have liked to maul enemies with my sabretooth, for example. The Hellhound would be perfect to have a pummeling fists ability. Maybe the spider could have shot web and entangled enemies, etc. I think they kind of cut it too short there.

But otherwise, mounts are awesome. Makes exploring and clearing the map a heck of a lot more efficient, that's for sure.

yeah, you would think each special mount would have their own ability or something, instead they just let you use yours. Not that exciting at all!

The mounts sound like fun - looking forward to that.

I just started playing (Sacred 2) about an hour ago and so far I'm really liking it! I like the colorful, imaginative high-fantasy "anything goes" feel of the visual design. Sometimes it's ridiculous (Seraphim running around in high heels... hah!) but I like that - it doesn't take itself too seriously. We have plenty of serious, dark, realistic games to play - having a change of pace sometimes is nice. You can tell the developers had fun making this game and let their imaginations run wild.

My jaw dropped when I opened the world map to see the full land mass I get to explore. Wow! And a I can already see the potential of the item / loot system.

Still getting a handle on how everything works but I can tell I'll have lots of fun with this game.

One note about the camera angle xSamhainx - that text-editing trick you mentioned apparently isn't needed any more with the Gold version (and I think also the Ice & Blood add-on). It looks like they added full camera / zoom customization in-game. I was able to tweak it to go very low to the ground and look to the horizon, just playing with the sliders in the game options.

Attached a shot of my test seraphim showing off a nice crystal sword she found (a rare I think). The models do hold up pretty well to zooming in. Environment textures are pretty low-rez but not bad. I like zooming in when just exploring around or talking to NPCs - it feels more immersive. When combat happens I zoom out.

Attachments

• 2013-01-06_00007.jpg
    2013-01-06_00007.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 36
My jaw dropped when I opened the world map to see the full land mass I get to explore. Wow! And a I can already see the potential of the item / loot system.

Still getting a handle on how everything works but I can tell I'll have lots of fun with this game.

My jaw dropped as well when I saw that map. 22 square miles of land. And that's not all. That land is jam packed with content. And that's still not all. You can even go in some areas on the map that look like you can't get there. There are mountain passes that take you into the mountains and often caves and different points of interest are up there.

The exploration is phenomenal.

How many skills are recommended per build? I'd like to get say 10 skills, and level them all up, but I imagine that would spread my points more thin and it would be much harder to reach Mastery in each of those skills.

Sacred 2 is scaled to your skills and level and since its supposed to get harder as the game progresses this is directly related to points you spend.

What this means is the most powerful build will have as few points spent as possible to avoid scaling up the monsters.

Yes, in Sacred 2 you get weaker as you get stronger and this is why the game is awful. :)

Myrkrel - thanks, i may have to buy that eventually since i dont have the expansion. messing w/the numbers in the config file was grueling!

I'm wondering if i bought the Steam version, if i could transfer my savegame. I'm wanting to use that carrier imp, and see the other expansion stuff.

Back
Top Bottom