Ubisoft - Trailer Announces Might and Magic X

There is a german guy who has completed all the Gothics in like one hour each. You can find his videos on youtube. "gothic speedrun".

Somehow I don't believe that this is possible without cheats. In Gothic 3 alone it takes many 10s of hours to find the rune stones to allow fast travel.

It is interesting to note that Pax East is over and we still don't have any information on Might and Magic X. I guess Ubi didn't have anything to show after all.

I don't see the point in making M&M X open world as there will be no innovation. The previous iterations and their user interfaces did very well to overcome the technology limitations at that time to make an open world game. Now we have much better technology, and better games were made using this technology (Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallouts) with companions. So I don't see the point of making an open world M&M game unless it competes with the existing open world games.

The new M&M X is used to exploit the current nostalga and boom in 'old school' rpgs, not to innovate on what has been done in the past. Therefore they are correct and would expect them to make a linear game along the lines of Grimrock.

Last edited:
A French Publisher picks a German Developer to remake an American game. They announce it at an American Convention and it gets zero press. Remarkable, but not in a good way :)

After reading the Codex stuff, the game is like MM3-5, but smaller sounding. I can do that for ~$10. Sovereign > Legacy is a strict possibility. Folks find Yendorian Tales if you want some MM3-5 flavor. It's old shareware and harkens back to those days.

I'd quite happily pay $30+ for a 25 hour M&M rpg. Considering expansions for pc games can go for as much as $50 over here, that's almost nothing. $10 just seems insane. Though, given it is Ubisoft, they will probably multiply the US price by 2 anyway.

I'm guessing no fly/meteor shower...disappoint. Will still buy! Video does look good but I prefer the movement of 6-9(I know I know, I finished it to finish it).

Particularly interesting (and not on the game's site) are the two screenshots at the bottom.

What do you figure a base attribute called "destiny" ought to be good for? I don't recall that from the originals. Also: just "perception", no "dexterity"/"accuracy"?

Back
Top Bottom