RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Free DLC 'With Blade and Brilliance'

I never understood why UIG acted this way.

seems like this bündle isn't available anymore. Now it's $15 and another $3 for the DLC.

No, the bundle is still available. Not all are shown on the front page. You can filter the games list for bundles, though.

The very first one offers a huge world, lots of freedom, lots of optional content. But lots of it isn't designed very detailed.
Startrail limits the region a lot, there are only a couple of cities. But everything gets much more personality. You still have some freedom.

Yes, Star Trail has more depth and more story. I think that survival was improved too. Blade of Destiny was too generic after some time and main story was basically just an excuse to go wandering around the world.

The first one is all about melody (due to lack of "real instruments" available in soundcards. The second one is a mix of melody and atmosphere, and Shadows over Riva pushes the Atmosphere in the foreground and the melody in the background. Still good tracks, but much less earworm potential. I mean who can remember the "Ding-Dideling Ding Ding" City Melody from the first Game, and who can remember the city melody of Riva? ^^

I disagree here. I definitely remember "Pondering in Solitude" track from Riva. It fits very well and its far better than city music from BoD. Listen here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhUGmWaskFo

I agree that Riva was more about atmosphere and horror, but music in BoD was often too cheesy and dont match some location well. Star Trail has the best music overall imho.

Edit: But Startrail is unique in that it's the only game which named itself after a Red Herring Quest in the game, isn't it?

I never got it, but I think that the axe was there. I dont remember details.

Back
Top Bottom