The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Since I'm on a Lovecraft kick lately…

Primus: The Thing That Should Not Be

Metallica-The Call of Ktulu

The idea of the piece "The Call of Ktulu" is based upon H. P. Lovecraft's book The Shadow Over Innsmouth which was first introduced to the rest of the band by Cliff Burton. The piece's name was taken from one of H.P. Lovecraft's main stories featuring Cthulhu, The Call of Cthulhu, which was written in 1928 for the magazine Weird Tales. The name "Ktulu" is originally written "Cthulhu" by H.P. Lovecraft. In the story, it says that mentioning the name Cthulhu (Verbally or written) will bring him closer. Metallica changed the title to "Ktulu", in fear of the beast.

Spent a few days watching youtube videos with shows like X-Factor and American Idol. I just love to see the auditions that begins a bit a bit unsuspecting and then just rule the crowd and make me cry.

Cas Haley, Walking on the moon
Petri Vehviläinen, Here I am
Kevin Skinner, If Tomorrow Never Comes
Scott James, You Raise Me Up
Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr., I've Got You Under My Skin
Jai McDowall, "Anthem" from Chess
Neal E. Boyd, Nessun Dorma

And if you didn't actually saw them already;
Susan Boyle, I Dreamed a Dream
Paul Pot, Nessun Dorma

Recently added and freshly noticed on Youtube, great tune:
"Stars" by The Emerald Down

And the latest video from my good friends, off their second release, something with a little more teeth:
"November" by Makaras Pen

aw, poor beibe

Last edited:
Reminded me a bit of Orchards & Vines. They do shoegaze with a heavy dose of psychedelia. Selection of sample tracks from them is painfully thin, but here's a couple.

pick "Breathing"

They really need to cover White Rabbit and be done with it, tho. ;)

Genesis - Balld Of Big

before that

Genesis - Down And Out

The German eurorock/krautorck band Can has been mostly inactive for 20 years, except for very sporadic reunions (before their guitar player Michael Karoli died of cancer in 2001). But they have released a few remastered editions of their works, and in 2012 came "The Lost Tapes". a 3 CD set containing unreleased material and live performances.

Here's Millionenspiel.

pibbur who likes the european continental flavour of early progressive rock. Including zeuhl music, leaving what that is to the curiosity of the watch.

Back
Top Bottom