Act of Aggression - A Return to the '90s RTS Game

I found a cool video interview with devs. It seems 20p v 20p gameplay was no joke :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE3Gw_HsRTU

I am more hyped for this game now than Sc2 LotV.

Also in interview dev said that they decided to make this game after they heard C&C Generals 2 was going to be a F2P microtransactions game and they love C&C Generals and wanted to make something similar for the fans.

Last edited:
A new trailer showing off the US faction in the game was released yesterday.

The first of three trailers looking at the game's unique factions

Set in a near-future setting, Act of Aggression - from Eugen Systems, developers of the million selling Wargame series - draws inspiration in its three unique factions from real life technology and cutting-edge prototypes. In a series of trailers designed to showcase the strengths and weaknesses of each of the three factions, let us introduce the US Army, battle hardened following years of conflict.

Take a look at the video below to find out exactly how the US Army deals with an Act of Aggression:

The US Army are a tough veteran force taking advantage of heavy specialization, with some of the strongest individual units in the game. What it lacks in versatility it more than makes up for in brute force - especially when it comes to the M1A1 Abrams Tusk, an upgradable battle tank to be reckoned with.

Next time, we'll be taking a look at the Chimera - a UNO funded taskforce designed for quick, efficient strikes anywhere in the globe. For a reminder of each of the three factions, including the shady Cartel, take a look below.

• The Cartel, stealthy operatives born out of private military contracts, with the latest prototypes. Fragile and expensive, but stealthy and powerful this secretive faction is difficult to master.
  • The US Army, exhausted by endless fighting across the world, are a brute-force of veterans; they can skill up in specific roles and improve their veterancy, but use current generation technology.
  • The Chimera, a UNO funded task-force designed to have a plan in mind for every situation. You can mould their units through upgrades into specific roles, or leave them as a jack-of-all-trades.
Across large, authentic maps, players will harvest resources, build bases strategically, defend them, and produce all kinds of units to match the wit of their opponent. Extend your base network with off-base refineries for harvesting resources, and protect supply networks ensuring a stable income of cash and minerals. You'll even fight other players for occupied banks as a supplementary income, and capture crews bailing out from tanks and planes or wounded on the battlefield to take as prisoners of war.

There will be a VIP multiplayer beta for Act of Aggression in the coming months - otherwise, Act of Aggression launches Spring of 2015.

Last edited:
This looks very cool although I want some real gameplay videos. One thing I noticed in this one was that tanks clip through parked cars and don't destroy them.

There was a VIP beta this weekend and I was part of it. I didn't play many games but what I did, the game is fun and gives a C&C Generals wibe.

There are plenty of youtube videos now of people playing and analyzing it so if you are interested in a classic RTS go check them out.

Devs got lots of feedback from people in the beta and hopefully they implement most of it as the game has real potential if it is polished.

A new video was released today about the Chimers faction.

Act of Aggression's versatile global task-force showcased in new video

Set in a near-future setting, Act of Aggression, techno-thriller RTS releasing this September for PC – from Eugen Systems, developers of the million selling Wargame series – draws inspiration in its three unique factions from real life technology and cutting-edge prototypes. In a series of trailers designed to showcase the strengths and weaknesses of each of the three factions, let us introduce the Chimera, a versatile global task-force.

Take a look at the video below to see the versatility of the Chimera in action:

With an HQ that also acts as a power-reserve there's no stopping the development of the Chimera's diverse military capabilities; a heavy reliance on unmanned UAVs for exploration and transport, the Chimera can put its manpower into super-soldiers with exoskeletons.

Next time, we’ll be taking a look at the Cartel – a shady private military company armed with the latest prototypical technology, including some illusive and exciting stealth technology making The Cartel incredibly hard to spot.

Until then, here's a brief breakdown of each of the three factions in Act of Aggression.

• The Cartel, stealthy operatives born out of private military contracts, with the latest prototypes. Fragile and expensive, but stealthy and powerful this secretive faction is difficult to master.
  • The US Army: exhausted by endless fighting across the world, are brute-force veterans; they can skill up in specific roles and improve their veterancy, but use current generation technology.
  • The Chimera: a UNO funded task force designed to have a plan in mind for every situation. You can mould their units through upgrades into specific roles, or leave them as a jack-of-all-trades.
Across large, authentic maps, players will harvest resources, build bases strategically, defend them, and produce all kinds of units to match the wit of their opponent. Extend your base network with off-base refineries for harvesting resources, and protect supply networks ensuring a stable income of cash and minerals. You'll even fight other players for occupied banks as a supplementary income, and capture crews bailing out from tanks and planes or wounded on the battlefield to take as prisoners of war.

They moved the release to September due to feedback they got during beta weekend and said they plan to have Early Access during summer.

Played the beta for a bit and it's pretty good. I can't quite get a handle on the best way to generate resources, and that's unexpected.

Not sure this kind of game needs a complex resource model, but I'll see when it comes out :)

I like the game so far. Campaign is not awesome but it is OK. 1v1 is challenging and relatively fast and 8 player 4v4 or FFA is on huge maps and with lots of troops and big battles.

Wow. I havent played an RTS is years. C&C, Red alert, Total Annihilation, Warcraft, Starcraft, Dark Reign, KKND. Have to wait for the inevitable sale on this though. $45. OUCH!! ( not saying it's overpriced, they deserve to be paid.) Just saying it ain't happening right now.

Zug-zug!!!

Well, I played this a few times against my friends and I don't really like it.

I could go into detail, but suffice it to say that I find it bland, generic and without a soul.

Not incompetent and not without some merit - but it's just not very fun.

You asked what changed, and I answered. The game didn't change, but my experience changed. I became familiar with it.

If you want to know something specific, ask for it.

Back
Top Bottom