Technobabylon - A Cyberpunk Adventure Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Technobabylon is a Cyberpunk adventure game from a developer called Wadjet Eye Games. Now it's not an RPG game but we many members who play adventure games.

I also have a video and some game infomation.

Technobabylon takes place in a dystopian cyberpunk future where genetic engineering is the norm, the addictive Trance has replaced almost any need for human interaction, and an omnipresent AI named Central powers the city. Its all-seeing CEL police force keeps tabs on everyone... including three people who are about to meet their maker.
More information.

I'm really looking forward to this game - it should be really good from what we've seen so far. There's more details on Regis if you go through there that help fill him out and give some information of the sort of conflicts that might be present in the game.

Charlie Regis, an agent of the city’s all-seeing secret police, finds himself blackmailed with the lives of his unborn children. Pushed to the limits by his deceit and his past, how far is he willing to go to save his legacy?

Seems quite original for a video-game character.

Latha Sesame, a jobless agoraphobe addicted to the Trance, has become targeted for assassination. Without knowing who to trust, she must face the dangers of “meatspace” and survive a fate that has invisibly ruled her entire life.

Lovely. This one has "cyberpunk" written all over it.

Max Lao, a tech-savvy case officer who’s very much a product of this society, finds herself torn between two loyalties. When she’s asked to apprehend her best friend and partner, she must choose to follow her feelings or the law.

Unlike the other two characters, this one looks like a stereotype, but it has potential for some interesting C&C, I guess.

Anyway, thanks to Gemini Rue, my expectations are very high. Hope they deliver.

I enjoyed their previous adventures so I will definitely get this. I immediately visited GOG but then I saw that it isn't out yet :(.

Never said the game was released just announced the game. I also look forward to playing the game on its eventful release in a few month from now.:)

is this video prerenderd?

screenshots on there HP are kinda too crunchy for my taste.

I think we're hitting a point where there's even more cyberpunk games coming out now than came out in the 90's! This is really exciting :)

in case you guys don't already know, that company also developed "primordia" which is one of the better sci-fi adventures to come out the last 5 years(i was totally hooked). also "resonance" and blackwell series, shiva.. all of them by that company. so they know their craft and probably even get better at it.

Didn't they publish not develop?

Didn't they publish not develop?
According to the website they are a developer, and publisher.
Founded in 2006, Wadjet Eye Games has developed a reputation for producing award-winning and critically acclaimed adventure games for the PC. The company’s award-winning portfolio includes The Shivah and the Blackwell series, both of which have garnered Game Developers Choice nominations, Puzzle Bots, which was selected for the Penny Arcade Expo’s PAX 10 showcase, and IGF Student Showcase winner Gemini Rue.
Anyway Rikus beat me to the answer above.:)

Yeah, if you look through their games they have a few they made and quite a few they published.

Back
Top Bottom