Hockey Playoffs 2009!

Oops, looks like I'm a little late (but first games don't mean anything right?) I guess I'll be facing some supplementary discipline and have some of my points suspended.

Bruins in 6
Caps in 7
Wings in 5
Hawks in 6 (I'm losing faith, it's the Canucks after all)

Corwin, dost mine eyes deceive me!? Did you just pick the Wings - and in fewer games than dte no less! Or maybe I'm just drunk and not reading clearly.

Or maybe I was!! lol :)

That was F&$*ing ridiculous! I hate to see a game determined by an incorrect officiating call, and that was just pathetic!

I stayed up to listen to that game. Finished at 1:40am. Talk about pissed.

I hate seeing it but as I always say that team that gets decided by a blown call shouldn't have been in that situation to make it matter in the first place.

I do sympathize. Its going be really hard when its that important and it happens to my team (and it has - re: '89 playoffs against calgary when they tackled MacLean where he couldn't even stand up then flicked the puck over his head in the 7th game in OT. The next year when the Flames lost in the first round to Gretzky's kings Crisper was yelling at the official pointing at the camera to tell him to look - that was before instant replays. We got some justice out of that at least).

Oh, and in player's poll they voted Pronger the dirtiest player in the league - Avery was 4th!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=277623

Doh, I have to forfeit,,, again. I'm just back from Hong Kong, I guess that means you'll not be last much longer Corwin :p

If I'm going to stay up to this time of night, it's the least the Wings can do to kick some butt. I think we're wearing out the "physical" team...

Boston Bruins in big trouble now...very surprising series there...

I know ... crappy night for Boston last night. I know the Celts are on borrowed time with half their team on crutches, and after the Bulls series who really cares anyway, but I honestly figured the B's for the finals ...

All the series are "best of 3" now, except for the one obvious mismatch. Whooda thunk the Bruins were on the short side of that "obvious mismatch", eh? Well, Washington pulled off the 21st (IIRC) comeback from 3-1 in the first round, so maybe we'll see number 22.

GG might end up not losing much ground. Overall, we're not doing as well this round. Does the group at large have any recommendations for a fair penalty for Geist?

Its kind of the same as the Caps/Sens series. Will there be another series as exciting as this this year?

Last 4 standing will be... Detroit - Vancouver - Washington - Carolina.

I'm disappointed in Boston though, I wanted to see them in the finals against Detroit.

... I at least wanted them against Pittsburgh in the next round, a woman in our group who started around the same time as me is a huge Pens fan, was hoping to get to enjoy some good natured kidding around.

Pittsburgh and Chicago both surprised me by winning last night. I'm still sticking with those picks though....

Big game for the Wings today!

*Edit* 4-1 victory for the Wings! One more and it's on to the conference finals!

Last edited:
OK ... last night was good for Boston:
- B's thump Carolina
- Celts win at the buzzer
- Sox hold on

Blackhawks punch their ticket to the WCF. Washington and Pittsburgh will go to game 7 (I wonder if Bettman will have a pep rally for Savior Sid). Wings get a chance to move on tonight. Carolina (!) gets a chance tonight as well.

I love this time of year!

Chicago has surprised the heck out of me. I'm glad I was wrong about them though, it's good to see the Blackhawks back in the mix after so many years.

Great night ...

Celts major comeback to take a 3-2 lead!

Bruins force Game 7 in Boston!

Wings win! Boston and Carolina doing the game 7 OT thing.

Back
Top Bottom