RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2011: Most Promising RPG in 2012

The Risen 2 folks just announced a pre-order DLC! Looks like some heads are gonna explode today.
For even more explosive potential, I would also like to add that the game will have quick time events.

No exploding here, though I kinda went from "cautiously optimistic" to "prepared to be disappointed" - after some piling up, there´s now a bit too many signs the game will deliver an experience markedly different from what I´ve hoped for.

No more far fetched than DE:HR's accepted RPG status, I would presume.
AFAIK the developers of Dishonered do not claim it has RPG elements, it is others that do. Then again you do not have to like the voting or the results :)

Last edited:
The majority really doesn't like QTEs huh? They don't bother me that much when the game's combat is action based like in TW2.

I just finished Warhammer: Space Marine. That had a lot of QTEs in it when delivering special killing moves to certain enemies. It's fun if you use a gamepad. It can be annoying if you use a keyboard and mouse. Glad you can easily switch it off in TW2 although I didn't. The QTEs were few and far between that when I did get one it was a nice change of pace.

Hope Risen 2 has them like TW2 with the option to shut them off and there are only a few of them and certain points in the story.

The Risen 2 folks just announced a pre-order DLC! Looks like some heads are gonna explode today.

Nope, they will find some reason it is ok for them to do it. Double standard for the win.

"Combat mechanics will see progress too: magic spells and ranged weapons are out, voodoo, muskets and dirty tricks are in. You can, for example, throw a parrot at an opponent or use voodoo magic to make one enemy attack another."

Sorry but this doesn't entice or excite...

Not interested in any of the mainstream winners this year. All my votes went to indies which wound up in the less than 5% category. I thought at least Grim Dawn might have had a chance to win something, it has generated a lot of excitement around here but guess not. Risen 2 is crossed off because I have always hated the pirates theme and setting in general.

Most promising Indie RPG Award is coming up next.

Gotta love ignorant generalizations..

Hey, Drhuin posted the same thing in the other thread about DLC for risen 2....not the only one who has noticed it.

Back
Top Bottom