InSomnia - Battle ‘Scars’ Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Studio MONO latest update for their funded kickstarter RPG InSomnia talks about how wounds will heal, and how they will affect you while playing the game.
Battle ‘Scars’

As always, a massive thank you for all of your support and pledges. We still have a chance at reaching the $90,000 stretch goal & we have a new update today and several more to follow!

Everybody loves to level up their characters. For InSomnia, you’ll gain traits by leveling up and selecting from a list. Characters will gain positive and negative traits. Some will be a mix of the two, and others willbe purely negative. You may get rid of some traits, but others will be permanent.

Most traits are gained accidentally, but others will result from quests and other factors. For instance, if you break your arm and forget to treat it for a long time, the bones will grow back improperly and you will gain a negative trait that will affect your shooting accuracy. However, you’ll be able to remove this trait if you see a qualified doctor that’s capable of treating your affliction.

There are no clear instructions on how to lose a specific negative trait, so you’ll need to look around carefully and think hard about possible solutions. Other players may be able to help, or you may find a “manual” of sorts, with some instructions. To balance things out, you will be able to choose a Perk that neutralizes up to three negative traits, which will remain on the character without having further negative effects. Throughout the game (and each time you start a new game), you’ll receive unique karma, physiology and traits—both positive and negative, keeping the experience fresh.
More information.

I find the idea intriguing and it reminds me of the system in Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, and Fallout RPGs. You lost stats in the game due to injures, and other aliments.
I can't wait to play the final version of this game.:party:

Can I be a bit evil please?

Will wounds heal… Or appear… Randomly?
Enjoy randomly generated events and missions in both single player and co-op that makes each of your playthroughs more unique and interesting

:evilgrin:

I'm not a backer on this game, but I can't say I won't buy it in the end. It all depends on presence of luck/gambling/roguelike/nonbalance.

Can I be a bit evil please?

Will wounds heal… Or appear… Randomly?

You will not ruin my good opinion of this game. So be gone foul demon, and stop whispering sedition in my ear. :devil::whip:

They were asked about the system on kickstarter, and I like the concept.
Q: That is fantastic "if you break your arm and forget to treat it for a long time, the bones will grow back improperly and you will gain a negative trait that will affect your shooting accuracy"

A:
Exactly =)

:D

Okay, I'll wait till it's released to hear more about it. You never know, maybe it'll be a real gem I'll be sorry for not backing.

:D

Okay, I'll wait till it's released to hear more about it. You never know, maybe it'll be a real gem I'll be sorry for not backing.

Well if you go by current standards it's about 50/50 right now.:biggrin:

I'm reminded of the line from Forrest Gump that,"Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get."

The quote fits in theory. Just read about the failures, and the successes.

Well if you go by current standards it's about 50/50 right now.:biggrin:

I'm reminded of the line from Forrest Gump that,"Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get."

The quote fits in theory. Just read about the failures, and the successes.

Absolutely! It is always some sort of a gamble when you back a project - it may turn out that the game will not be created (that happened with a few small projects) or that a final game wasn't good enough. However vast majority of Kickstarter games are just awesome - Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin, etc. I hope that InSomnia will be great as well as the setting is unique and MONO studios seems very passionate about their project. Same like After Reset as Mr. Nixon is doing quite impressive screenshots and updates. There are always worse projects or shady projects like recent Areal (suspended after "successful" funding).

Back
Top Bottom