• Already pre-ordered it!

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Get it immediately upon release

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • Decide after read some reviews first

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Buy it after it is in the discount bin

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I will never ever even touch it with 10-foots pole!

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters

Remus

Antihero
Do you intended to buy Fallout 3 when it is released? I think would get it after reading some reviews.

Originally i am very excited about Fallout 3, but the repeated screaming of "It's Oblivion with guns..." is getting into my head somehow, so i won't pre-order or get it immediately upon release but wait for reviews first. Beside, there are other nice games on the horizon such as Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, GTA IV, STALKER: Clear Sky, and Crysis Warhead.

Last edited:
Preordered CE no questions asked! I have played originals through many many times until the cds were scratched beyond salvage (and then I rebought the games) and after that I have bought all other apocalyptic games too like fallout:tactics, wasteland, the fall gaia reloaded with english mod and stalkers.

The only game I skipped was the ps2 diablo-clone version named Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. That game I consider an insult to the series.

Last spring I finished fallout 1&2 last time with the latest mods. I wont go back to them no more. Currently Im playing through wasteland.

Last edited:
I'm not buying it. On top of my personal feelings towards the franchise and the way Fallout 3 is treating it, it just doesn't look that interesting a game to my personal tastes.

Possibly some previews from select sources might change my mind, but otherwise it'll probably shove down to bargain bin purchase.

I haven't found a good reason to buy it, and the lack of filters for unnecessary features only drives that point. Its a shame considering the effort that has obviously been put into this. I'd like to buy it - I just won't unless there are changes made.

Somehow, I think BroNon will end up buying it.

I'm likely buying it soon after the release. Firstly because fallouts were great games and secondly because I'm curious to see benth's vision of fallout no matter what the diehard fans keep saying. I actually decided a long time ago not to expect too much from this game as F3 could never be same caliber as the orginals or games like witcher so why bother building false hopes beforehand.

From what I've heard, it's not my kind of game. While I'm not a huge Fallout fan, I enjoy and appreciate the humor and set-up of the originals, but I haven't bought a Bethesda game since Morrowind and I doubt this one is going to break that streak.

If enough people whose opinion I trust like it, I could change my mind, of course.

While I really like the original Fallout games both Morrowind and Oblivion were huge letdowns for me, so it's hard to say. Will wait for a few reviews at the very least.

Yeah, I'll buy it. From everything I've seen so far it looks like it's got the potential to be a really fun action game... and if it has a pretty good story, that will just add to the fun.

Will I feel like I'm playing what I would have called "Fallout 3"??? I'm not sure... only time will tell.

I'd buy it day one if it were to have a toolset.

Last edited:
While I love most of Bethsoft's work (namely Daggerfall, Battlespire, Redguard and Morrowind - didn't love but still like Arena and Oblivion), I will most probably not buy Fallout 3.
I hate post-apoc settings in general, and I didn't like the first two Fallouts, so - no, I probably won't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

"Decide after some reviews," or, more specifically, some opinions from people whose judgment I trust.

I like their stated design goals for the game, but I'm not sure they have the wit and verve to pull it off. Still, I suppose my curiosity will end up getting the better of me eventually. But I will try to hold off from a zero-day purchase -- I made that mistake with Oblivion, and don't want to repeat it.

"Once bitten - twice shy"

My uncontrolled and impulsive game buying days are over (thanks to oblivion), only well founded and favourable reviews will pull me towards this game.

Just about to pre-order it. I love Fallout 1 & 2 - not just the mechanics but the settings & story. TBH it the latter points that are more important to me than the former. I'm not normally a fan of real-time combat but I still loved Mass Effect and Deus Ex. Oblivion I loved because I'm a completist and the amount of "hidden" content (i.e. side quests) was excellent as was some of the stories (Dark Brother quests FTW). I can see that this game will be different to FO 1 & 2 but that doesn't make it bad - it just makes it different. I may be eating these words 2 weeks after release but what the hell even if it only gives me a couple of hours of entertainment it still better than a lot of the dross that is released.

Oh and Remus - don't know if you've seen some of the reviews of Clear Sky but it's not looking good - shame cos again although it's an FPS the setting/story made me love the first one.

Last edited:
Oh and Remus - don't know if you've seen some of the reviews of Clear Sky but it's not looking good - shame cos again although it's an FPS the setting/story made me love the first one.

No i haven't seen the reviews yet. Is the reviews from a game magazines? How worse the Clear Sky compared to the first one?

I wont buy it. I think Bethsoft will transform the old Fallout game in a FPS hybrid with some RPG element. Judging by what the previews show, I fear we will see a game like Oblivion (no real rpg, no real challenges (with a hybrid level scaling system...), first person combat..... useless stop and snipe system).
I found Oblivion a really ugly game........... I'll not repeat the same error buying Fallout 3.

Somehow, I think BroNon will end up buying it.

Really? 'coz I've never bought Tactics (only played the demo, didn't look interesting enough) or PoS.

I'm a fan of what Fallout 1 & 2 are, not the name "Fallout". The name Fallout means nothing to me, and the fact that some game puts it on its box doesn't really impact my purchasing decision in a positive way.

So like I said, no purchase, except if reviews from GameBanshee/NMA (which I'm not doing) or RPGWatch/Codex convince me, or if Fallout fans like Will Porter or Desslock have well-argumented positive impressions of it.

I don't think the "hardcore fans will buy it anyway"-adage ever worked. That wasn't true for BoS, and just because this one says 3 instead of BoS doesn't really change that.

No i haven't seen the reviews yet. Is the reviews from a game magazines? How worse the Clear Sky compared to the first one?

From Metacritic:

PC Zone UK
Clear Sky is a unique experience, so far unparalleled save for its predecessor. [Oct 2008, p.52]

Games Master UK
Clear Sky delivers a more AI-driven, frightening and altogether more dangerous world than its predecessor ever could. [Oct 2008, p.77]

Edge Magazine
As easy to misunderstand as it is to break, it again turns the best and worse of PC gaming into something extraordinary. [Oct 2008, p.94]

Will probably buy it on release.

I loved the first 2 Fallout games and I would like to get into that scenario again.
Also, I really liked Morrowind and though Oblivion was a disappointment, I do hope they have learned something from that experience.
I am not so hyped up about Fallout 3 as I was for Oblivion, so I think that will help aswell. My expectations are not high but I still think I will be entertained.

I liked Fallout, but I'm not a real fanatic. I dont feel too strongly one way or another, but I'm sure that curiosity will certainly get the best of me and I'll end up getting it.

Back
Top Bottom