JA:Flashback - Interview (Questions Sent)

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Alright now that we received a lot of questions for Icewind Dale: EE we have the chance for another interview for a game many of you might be interested in.

So are you ready the game this time is Jagged Alliance: Flashback. The deadline is this Monday on October 20th so make sure you give all the questions you may have.

The clock is ticking so start now.
smiley-talk004.gif

More information.

1) Will JA: Flashback create a similar mix between strategy (= free and defend cities, get income) tactical combat and roleplaying (quests, interesting recruitable NPCs, etc.) as Jagged Alliance 2?

2) Are some of the old veterans in the game?

3) What are the main gameplay enhancements compared to JA 2 V1.13?

4) Will the game be moddable?

1. Will there be some type of research and development involved like in X-Com ?

2. Will there be some room for experimenting with multiple classes instead of always using similar builds ? What I mean is, you always have 1 sniper, 1 assault, 1 heavy and so on.

Would having 4 snipers be a viable option ?

3. Will there be non-combat skills to allow for some dialogue options ?

1. Any plans for games/expansions/map packs/DLCs for JA: Flashback? Or will there be a "sequel" in the vein of JA 2.5 Unfinished Business?
2. Are you happy with the general reception and feedback from fans/backers/gamers?
3. I wish you had a budget like Sir-Tech in 2000 to be able to create a game of scope and polish that Jagged Alliance 2 had. Many developers tried to achieve the success of JA2 by making similar games (Hired Guns, Brigade E5, JA: Back in Action and Crossfire, and a few smaller games made by Russian developers) but with the fracture of the budget and lack of polish. If your game will be successful (financially) - will you consider to make a big Kickstarter campaign for Jagged Alliance 3? Please...
4. Will you continue to develop and upgrade JA: Flashback like you did with your Space Hulk game (the Ascension edition) - I think that was a great idea and that your studio will benefit from it. I played only a bit of Early Access (I am a KS backer) and I think that a level of extra polish - more interactivity with the environment, more items, quests, NPCs, better AI, more guns and weapons from 80s, etc. will greatly improve the ratings and sales of JA: Flashback.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys (Full control team) for keeping the Jagged Alliance spirit alive and for making a unique and interesting game (I prefer it much more than XCOM) on such a tiny budget.

- The formula of jungle+revolution+mercs was used many times before. What is new or expanded in JA: Flashback? What are the most intresting features in the game?

- JA games are about fights of small groups of soldiers. Do you plan to come with some bigger enemies like stationary guns or (stationary) APCs?

- Do you consider to make game with the same core gameplay but different settings in the future?

- Do you have some plans for future JA-style game? For example make it more large scale… using mercs as guidance for air strikes etc.?

- Are you interested in creating games with stronger story?

- How do you survive in the industry making games for niche markets? Can you tell us some (general) details about negotiations with publishers?

- Would you be able to finish and test JA: Flashback properly without Early Access? It seems that EA become "last resort" for many small developers + small publishers who struggles with the budgets all the time.

- Your favorite RPGs? :)

- What are the most common mistakes in contemporary RPGs in your opinion?

Last edited:
Damn, you guys have good questions. I don't think I have anything to add since I haven't played the game yet, and everything I can think of is already mentioned.

-What kind of replay value will the game offer?

-Are their different ways certain missions can be done and will they have any effect on the story?

-How much party banter can we expect?

-Are their any mercs that will not work together? If so can you resolve the differences in some way?

-Since the game takes place during the cold war. Do any of the maps resemble the mark on Gorbachev's head?

Here's my question:

Flashback is not getting a lot of positive reviews from Kickstart backers who have experienced the early access builds. Fans of Jagged Alliance 2 have been especially hard, claiming the game is nowhere near what you had promised and that several features that made JA2 fun are nonexistent.

Do you plan on releasing more content/features in the future, or are you leaving it to the modding community to make whatever they can from it?

Thanks for the amount of questions this time guys. See I knew you could do it.;)

I'll end the question gathering here as the list is getting to long, and I learned from past interviews some developers don't like more than ten questions.

Look forward to the interview in 1-2 weeks from now.:)

Back
Top Bottom