The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

SNSD.

This may mean I am The Decline itself and stuffies, but their songs are really fun and make me happy no matter how depressed I am. And I have set for myself the objective of understanding what it is that makes Yuri and Jessica so bloody charming so I can claim their secret for myself and raise my Charisma accordingly.

And the coreographies are really fun to do with your friends when you are all drunk beyond the point of reason.

Mr.Taxi.
Hoot.
Oh!
Gee.

Yes, I know. Just kill me already and be done with it.

Last edited:
Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply "Whitney Houston", had four number one singles on it?

Lacuna Coil and Tool are competing for my ear pleasure today. If there is a heaven, Cristinia Scabbia will be waiting there for me, with a Fresca in one hand and lasagna in the other. And maybe a good book to read while listening to good tunes!

-Carn

Ahhh, finally ... someone who likes Knorkator.

'Komm wieder her' is one of my favorite Knorkator titles ... along with 'Liebeslied', 'Das Lied vom Pferd' and 'Besondrer Mann'.Gotta love them:D.

Lately I have been quite addicted to SuJu's Bonamana. It's a pretty cool and entertaining song, with a rhythm that's quite fun, very danceable, and kind of forces you to dance along. And while their dance seems easy to learn it has a couple of deceptively simple steps that are really hard to do gracefully, and which are a good addition to your bag of dancing tricks.

As a bonus most of them look totally fabulous in that video, with Donghae taking the prize for being simply delectable and delightful and awesome on it. :blush:

Last edited:
Tartarus. Grinding the bleep out off Arqa 17-24.
I've been really enjoying the new release from my good friends in Makaras Pen. This one is a little harder than the first cd. Still lots of gazing elements, but more of a rock edge. To reference Doug's favorite band, The Pen has moved from Spooky to Lovelife.

3 songs from the new cd
(I'm very partial to "Sixfouronezero", particularly since the band shared it with me back when it was just an instrumental demo)

a quick search of the forum reveals that no one mentioned skyclad.
you all should be ashamed and get yourselves some taste.

Weird, I was pretty sure I´ve already posted some Skyclad in here, I probably couldn´t find good versions of songs I´ve wanted to post at that time.

So, some more cool songs by Skyclad:
Penny Dreadful
Inequality Street
Great Blow for a Day Job

This band had a knack for catchy melodies, their sound was pretty unique in the context of 90´s and Martin Walkyier is a great lyricist. Irrational Anthems from 1996 is my favourite of theirs, though I´ve enjoyed pretty much all their records from 90´s.

Cloudkicker - Beacons (2010)
Instrumental rock (post rock, prog metal, blah blah) with some meshuggah-y elements.
It´s a one man project (Ben Sharp) and the concept (or maybe better, inspiration for the music) of this album revolves around messages found in black boxes of crashed airplanes. Well produced, heavy, atmospheric, groovy, somewhat repetitive and with a strong emotional edge throughout.
Volume fucking up is recommended :).

We're Goin' In. We're Going Down.
…It's Just wide-open Field.
Oh, God.

Aziza Mustafa Zadeh - Dance of Fire (1995)
Just an easylistenin´ jazz with some nice instrumentation and arrangements, plus a pretty interesting line-up including Al DiMeola, Bill Evans or Stanley Clarke.

Dance of Fire

Back
Top Bottom