Worst game-play in a non-bugged game EVER?

I don't know if you know this game. If you don't you are lucky. Very lucky. I played it years ago (I say played, followed a walkthrough more like) and then tried to find out if it was just me or what.

This was before Youtube, of course.

Well, I found this yesterday on the 'tube and, wow, the guy had exactly the same experience I did. Almost to the swear word!!!!

It's in 24 parts because the 'tube didn't let you upload vids for more than 10mins back in 09, and is about 4 hours of watch time for all the parts.

Believe me though, that 4 hours will ZOOOOOM by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTwjeZO1UKg

Watch as interest and enthusiasm drops to mild frustration. As an easy bit boosts hope. As mild frustration turns into frustration. As walkthroughs start to get used. As frustration turns into despair. As even walkthroughs can't help. As despair turns into full on rage. As rage turns into insanity…

If you are the kind of person who likes puzzle games, be warned… be ENTERTAINED… it's… it's… it's…

Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy

The worst gameplay of any otherwise decent looking, non-buggy game EVER made…

[Really, just 4 hours for this set of vids, it's a life-experience, not just a gaming experience…]

[And no, I have no idea who this person is and I'm not just 'a promoter', this is like a Public Service broadcast…]

Decent loking, nonbuggy, yet the gameplay is so retarded you'll instantly uninstall the game? Blood Knights.

Worst game play I can remember? Xenosaga 2. The story was still good at that point but the game play... the combat... yuck. Why would you design a combat system where the only method that really works is to just sit there for three turns then unleash a big combo, then sit there for three MORE turns to do another combo? After that travesty they had to take the rest of the saga they were planning to do and cram it all into one game.

I've likely forgotten even worse games, though. I play for a few hours, I uninstall, and I never think of the game again... not an easy thing to remember.

Some games were great fun for their time but their time is so far gone now that the game seems really horrible... Atari's Superman game jumps to mind. (Friggin kryptonite satellites which somehow manage to lurk in the city subway....)

Back
Top Bottom