Nut, you say? Indeed they are!

vanedor

Keeper of the Watch
The american conservatives strike again :

http://www.townhall.com/Columnists/...ray,_dunkin_donuts_and_the_keffiyeh_kerfuffle

s-RACHAEL-RAY-DUNKIN-DONUTS-SCARF-large.jpg

Pro-Terrorist propaganda? C'mon!

That's the kind of reaction that makes the US look so bad.

I don't know that Americans (left or right) have a monopoly on stupidity in the name of political correctness, but we certainly did it in spades this time.

Oh for...

and clearly anyone who wears boots is a Nazi and everyone who owns sheets thinks black people should be lynched.

I don't know that Americans (left or right) have a monopoly on stupidity in the name of political correctness, but we certainly did it in spades this time.

I agree that no one has the monopoly of supidity... but unfortunately, stupidity coming from the right tend to have greater consequences overall than stupidity from the left(Let's save the seals!)

I agree that no one has the monopoly of supidity... but unfortunately, stupidity coming from the right tend to have greater consequences overall than stupidity from the left(Let's save the seals!)
Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Perhaps a little more detail?

/me sits back and cracks open a beer, ready to enjoy the show

Nutty? That is NOTHING compared to the demented rantings of Bush's chief "scientific" adviser on bioethics (who has systematically filled important scientific posts with utterly biased conservatives and christians to drown out any objectivity or dissent) on the degeneracy of eating ice cream:

Worst of all from this point of view are those more uncivilized forms of eating, like licking an ice cream cone–a catlike activity that has been made acceptable in informal America but that still offends those who know eating in public is offensive. … Eating on the street–even when undertaken, say, because one is between appointments and has no other time to eat–displays [a] lack of self-control: It beckons enslavement to the belly. … Lacking utensils for cutting and lifting to mouth, he will often be seen using his teeth for tearing off chewable portions, just like any animal. … This doglike feeding, if one must engage in it, ought to be kept from public view, where, even if we feel no shame, others are compelled to witness our shameful behavior

It's a miracle america makes any scientific progress at all with lunatics like that at the helm.

Is this quote for real ?

I just can't believe this ...

The person who said this must have a very severe problem with his or her own sensorical perceivement of his or her own body and body functions.

I'd instantly put this person into Psychatry.

that is the same as objecting to everyone who wears a che guevarra T-shirt. wich you can find at every festival
I mean come on, if it would really be that awfull :a scarf with a print for crying out loud.
Let people where what they want as longs as it is not really offensive. This isn't that.

that is the same as objecting to everyone who wears a che guevarra T-shirt. wich you can find at every festival
I mean come on, if it would really be that awfull :a scarf with a print for crying out loud.
Let people where what they want as longs as it is not really offensive. This isn't that.

Mind you, Che guevara wasn't exactly a hero

I know that is why I used that as an exsample. Don't know the facts about him clear, but Ido know he wasn't a mother theresa (for sort of speak)

Using that quote from Che to malign him really is pathetic, no one's ever been young and stupid? He left a comfortable life as a doctor in Argentina to work with lepers and the poor - disagree with his politics if you like but trying to maligin his reputation with that excerpt is sad.

I don't want to malign him anyhow, there fore I don't know enough about him. My point was just: he isn't a saint, he was not a "Hero" in the greater meaning of the word so objecting too T-shirts with him on it would be the same as objecting against those scarfes.

Nothing anti or pro meaning hidden in it ;) sorry if I offended you

Not offended, I've got no great personal investment in Che - just annoyed at the lazy smeer. And while he was no saint I think he meets any meaningful definition of 'hero' even if I don't agree with his politics.

Back
Top Bottom