The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

DDO Store News :

Turbine Point Cards on Rollback at Walmart! Ends Sept 16th
20% off for a Limited time.
Available in participating US stores only.

Free item of the week :

Sept. 6th – 12th
Omnispell Dust x50
Use Coupon Code OMNI8
1 / Account

What's new in the store with Update 9 : https://www.ddo.com/en/new-ddo-store

35 % off :

- Crafting Experience Elixiers
- Crafting Success Boosters
- Crafting Essences
- Shroud Ingredients

If JM is late we may have to postpone starting the sentinel chain til she gets in. Sounds like Az will be only one out tonight.

As we agreed last Friday, the training dummy and the training crew member in the corner closest to it have now been switched. This places the training dummy next to the bar & will allow folks who need to regenerate to use the dummy while doing so.

You may need to face away from the training dummy to access the barkeep.

Edit:

It may be easier to simply use the "Select" "Use" key combo ("Q" "E").

Last edited:
I'll have to log in and move the politician down into one of the closed rooms now.

I will be available tomorrow, but I've got work Sat so it'll be a short session. Where did y'all end up at so I can attempt to play catchup later today.

I may be out Friday. Have a BD party for a grandkid and family coming from out of town. Just have to see what the final details end up being.

Not sure what we did Az. Will log in and try to sort it but Dte would be the resource to use. What are the Friday plans, maybe I can play catchup tonight.

We started and finished Sentinels last week. We did not run the "extra" Sentinels quest, just the main 4.

On deck this week, we have Delera's 2-4 (4 is the non-quest quest). Hopefully, everyone gets level 10 once that's over because we're done with level 7 content at that point. Actually, we should take the level (those that can) and finish Delera even if some have to do it underlevel. Aletys should have her Voice before we do the XP-rich Necro and VoN chains. So that's the official plan for Friday: Delera 2-4, take level, Delera5. That should fill out our time reasonably well. Perhaps we should help Az out by splitting the groups with a zerg/tourist approach. I think I can do that and still balance the party make-ups, if we want to take that approach.

We've got a buttload of level 8 content to tackle (part of Threnal, Necro2 flags, part of VoN, numerous house quests) with loads of XP available, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if some of us have to run a few quests underlevel to pick up toon level 10. We'll probably all be holding next level before we finish this batch of content.

Technically, we should skip one of those chains, but there's not really a good one to axe. We've got several folks that need to upgrade their Silver Flame Amulet. We've committed to running the VoN raid. We WILL run Threnal this time around because we always skip it and I'm being a dictator and I say so dammit. :p Most likely, we end up ignoring most of the house quests this time thru because Peter and Aletys will probably be spending a fair bit of time on the ceiling.

I would like to do all those quests, including the raids. I'm still building up my plat bank account, working on collecting the better loot for my toons, & trying to get my crafting levels up on Jhianna.

With all my toons being first lifers, I expect to spend a lot of time on the ceiling. I have no problems with that since in the process I'm picking up some of the better loot for my toons and/or stuff to decon & sell. Besides, many of those quests have been a lot of fun to run. :)

We probably can't do them all. There's just too much content at level 8 thru 10 and we'd all (even the third lifers) be sitting on the ceiling for long periods.

So then it becomes a question of what to give up. Traditionally, our answer to that question has been Threnal. When Threnal first came out, it was a terrible pack so everybody was more than happy to skip it. They've fixed it now, but old opinions die hard.

Unfortunately, even when we punt on that, we still end up with too much content because there are lots of good/useful/fun house quests in that range. Throw in the fact that some of the most "profitable" chains in the game XP-wise are Necro2 and VoN, and a tough problem just gets worse.

Add in our ability to run raids and a worse problem gets darn near unsolvable. We've never run VoN5/6 and Tempest Spine with our group and still had too much content at these levels.

It doesn't get any better for quite a while, either. We've got Red Fens, Threnal, and VoN at 9. Level 10 does get a little better if we punt on Restless Isles (lure: never run it, plus raids) and Ataraxia (lure: not much, has become a make-up area for 3rd lifers), but then we roll right in the Desert and Necro 3. Level 12 is probably the first place where there's a lull in the content, and remember we don't see that until toon level 14.

edit- your plat problems will go away once you start farming the Shroud. Even doing some decon, it's not unusual to pull down 10k plat per run. If you don't decon, 15k isn't out of reach. It adds up in a real hurry.

Last edited:
Solo with a cleric is hard at this level. Too many mobs and without blade barriers yet she just does make the grade. I will be out it looks like Friday unless something changes company wise, but will try to log in this afternoon and evening with her for some catch up just in case. If I can make it I should know by the afternoon and will post, but for now, count me out.

I do agree, we should leave Restless as a make-up area for those in need of it. And I do want to run Threnal, I like that one.

If we punt on both Restless Isles and Ataraxia, level 10 content gets fairly barren (some Threnal, VoN raid, Tempest Spine raid, and 1st Desert quest). So maybe we just plan on having lvl11 toons for a long time and end up being in lvl12 for a very short time.

I am so glad you volunteered to pick up the Big Book. Your spread sheets are sooooo nice. :)

"Volunteered" implies choice. I seem to remember some crazy lady gluing a book to my hands, laughing a bit, and then running the other direction. ;)

edit- I'll actually be short-timing a bit tonight as well since the Wild Dogs have to be at the school at 4:30am for tomorrow's competition.

Yesterday we just completed the Delera chain on our level 9's and took level 10.

The level 18 toons did the House Cannith explorers and Schemes of the Enemy / Blown to bits on elite. The elite runs were actually quite good and we got several Boots of propulsion and Fabricators bracers.

We can redo these quests for those of you missing these nice items.

The last house C quest (Power Play) is expected to be run this weekend so we get the 50 house C favor. Then we get access to the house C vendor.

The vendor sells Mark of house Cannith. This mark is needed if you want to craft the shard of Masterful Craftsmanship I. This shard can be added to crafted items to drop the minimum level requirement by 2.

The good thing about the mar of house Cannith is that it's bound to account and not character. So it can be bought by the toon having the 50 house C favor and forwarded to the crafter.

Update 19 patch 2 is now out on Lamannia. That means it will be out on Khyber soon too.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...Last-Updated-9-12-2013)?p=4503430#post4503430

One interesting change is that the protection enhancement tree for clerics has been scrapped and replaced by a warpriest tree.

Death ward will no longer affect undead PC's (like pale masters).

I see that Turbine has NOT fixed the mess with raid completions except for possibly caught in the web. So I will have lost all my epic runs of Vault of Night 5-6. They are shown as heroic. You can expect a level 25 toon to be invited to a level 12 quest. I guess Turbine don't know how to deal with their mess and then hope players forget about them.

One interesting change is that the protection enhancement tree for clerics has been scrapped and replaced by a warpriest tree.

The Protection enhancement tree for Cleric and Favored Soul has been removed. It has been replaced with Warpriest: a new, combat-oriented enhancement tree.

Yuck. "We wanna make an Action-RPG ! Even more combat than ever !"

Yuck. "We wanna make an Action-RPG ! Even more combat than ever !"

Would you prefer the generic mmo trinity, with no actual build variations at all?

An unlisted change is that Rangers being able to heal themselves effectively was too powerful. They no longer have devotion enhancements (again) and only get a little positive spell power by investing heavily in the junk DWS tree. This has garnered universal derision, and as usual, all feedback is ignored.

I have some free ap from no longer having anything in DWS worth putting points into on Iji at least. I guess I'll invest in Tempest, and work on upping the TWF capabilities, since I think her AA tree is about as maxed out as I can get with a 4 level MC.

Well, you know, I'd like to have more social interaction parts with NPCs in games.
Sadly no MMO will ever have that.

Unfortunately, very very few crpgs period have any meaningful social interactions in-game. MMOs social interactions rest solely on player to player.

At one time I had a complex mechanic coded for social interactions in a crpg I was working on, but lately I lost interest in finishing it. The original goal was basically being able to play through the main story without much, if any, combat.

Back
Top Bottom